All good points, but I still like the Chiefs. The Chiefs D is on the warpath right now. Justin Houston is a game-changer, and he'll have his way with the right side of Buffalo's O-line. Tyrod Taylor is going to get hurt. In a game that figures to be hard-hitting and relatively low-scoring, turnovers and penalties will be huge. That favors the Chiefs (Buffalo is arguably the most undisciplined squad in the NFL). I also like that the Chiefs are playing in front of their home crowd for the first time in about a month, while the Bills are on short rest.
This is a 2013 NFL Mock Draft that was posted on Twitter Sunday afternoon. It involved NFL Draft analysts from other Web sites, as well as Charlie and myself. I posted and retweeted some of the results on Twitter (@walterfootball), but I thought it'd be easier to just list all of the picks here.
1) 1:00 pm EST - Chiefs - Jason Madson - KCChiefsDraft - @Jason_Madson - Sheldon Richardson, DT
2) 1:05 pm EST - Jaguars ? Russell Baxter ? YahooSports - @BaxFootballGuru - Luke Joeckel OT
3) 1:10 pm EST - Raiders ? Benjamin Allbright ? NFLDraftMonster - @NFLDraftMonster - Eric Fisher OT
4) 1:15 pm EST - Eagles ? Tommy Lawlor ? ScoutsNotebook - @LawlorNFL - Dion Jordan LB
5) 1:20 pm EST - Lions - Jeff Risdon - DetroitLionsDraft - @JeffRisdon - Ezekiel Ansah DE
6) 1:25 pm EST - Browns ? Justin Higdon ? DraftBrowns.com - @AFC2NFC - Geno Smith QB
7) 1:30 pm EST - Cardinals - Lance Zierlein - TheSidelineView - @LanceZierlein - Lane Johnson OT
30) 3:25 pm EST - Falcons - Walter Cherepinsky - WalterFootball - @Walterfootball - Dee Milliner CB***
9) 1:40 pm EST - Jets ? Rich Cirminiello CollegeFootballNews.com @RichCirminiello - Chance Warmack G
10) 1:45 pm EST - Titans ? Brad Smith ? TheDeepDig - @TheDeepDig - Xavier Rhodes CB
*** I traded Picks 30 (1st), 60 (2nd), 163 (5th), 2014 1st-rounder, 2014 4th-round to the Bills when Dee Milliner made it to their No. 8 spot.
11) 1:50 pm EST - Chargers ? David Peters - BoltBlitz - @BoogaP - Tavon Austin WR
12) 1:55 pm EST - Dolphins - Neal Driscoll - MiamiDolphinsDraft.com - @NealDriscoll - Tyler Eifert TE
13) 2:00 pm EST - Jets ? Josh Liskiewitz ? GM Jr - @JoshLiskiewitz - Barkevious Mingo DEOLB
14) 2:05 pm EST - Panthers ? Mario Clavel - Draftbreakdown.com - @Mario_clp - Star Lotulelei DT
15) 2:10 pm EST - Saints ? Jordan Grove ? DraftSaints - @LaSportsDude - Tank Carradine DEOLB
16) 2:15 pm EST - Rams - Charlie Campbell - WalterFootball - @DraftCampbell - Kenny Vaccaro S
31) 3:30 pm EST - 49ers ? Dylan DeSimone ? BleacherReport - @DeSimone80 - Sharrif Floyd DT
18) 2:25 pm EST - Cowboys ? Joe Owens ? ProFootballFocus - @Joeo1s - Jonathan Cooper G
19) 2:30 pm EST - Giants - Jake Ciely - RotoExperts - @AllinKid - Alec Ogletree LB
20) 2:35 pm EST - Bears ? Bryan Perez ? FirstRoundGrade - @FirstRoundGrade - Datone Jones DE
21) 2:40 pm EST - Bengals ? Joe Goodberry ? CincyJungle - @JoeGoodberry - Arthur Brown LB
22) 2:45 pm EST - Rams - Charlie Campbell - WalterFootball - @DraftCampbell - Jarvis Jones LB
23) 2:50 pm EST - Vikings - Michael Schottey - BleacherReport - @Schottey - Bjoern Werner DE
24) 2:55 pm EST - Colts ? Jared Counterman ? OptimumScouting.com - @OS_Counterman - Jonathan Cyprien S
25) 3:00 pm EST - Vikings - Michael Schottey - BleacherReport - @Schottey - Keenan Allen WR
26) 3:05 pm EST - Packers ? Scott Wright ? DraftCountdown - @DraftCountdown - Justin Pugh OT/G
27) 3:10 pm EST - Texans - Jayson Braddock - RotoExperts - @JaysonBraddock - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
28) 3:15 pm EST - Broncos - Joe Everett - RookieDraft - @RookieDraft - Damontre Moore DE
29) 3:20 pm EST - Patriots - James Christensen - NEPatriotsDraft.com - @NEPatriotsDraft - Robert Woods WR
8) 1:35 pm EST - Bills - Damond Talbot - NFLDraftZone - @Drocksthaparty - Matt Barkley QB
17) 2:20 pm EST - Steelers - Shane Hallam - DraftTV - @ShanePHallam - DeAndre Hopkins WR
32) 3:35 pm EST - Ravens- Kevin Sparks ? TheSportsSyndicate - @SullySparks - Jesse Williams NT
Falcons trading up for Dee Milliner:
I'm not a big fan of moving up in the NFL Draft. It depletes depth, which is very important if there is a barrage of injuries. Worst of all, if the team trading up whiffs on its target (think the Jets with Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene), it's pretty screwed for the long haul.
Having said that, heading upward sometimes makes a ton of sense. It's very logical for a team like the Falcons. They're not building for the future. They're ready to win now before their Super Bowl window closes. With several veterans in or past their primes (Steven Jackson, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, Osi Umenyiora, Asante Samuel), they'll likely have to regroup after 2014.
Moving up for Dee Milliner is such a logical move for Atlanta. He's the top player available at the greatest position of need. He could definitely fall into the 8-13 range - I have him going to the Titans in my 2013 NFL Mock Draft - so that would be a good range for the Falcons to shoot up to. They went from No. 27 to No. 6 for Julio Jones a couple of years ago, so why not offer a similar package for another Alabama product?
Surrendering picks 30 (1st), 60 (2nd), 163 (5th), a 2014 1st-rounder and a 2014 4th-round may seem like too much, but think about it this way - the 30th is insignificant because it's essentially the selection they'd make at No. 8 (which is why the Redskins didn't give up three first-rounders for Robert Griffin; it was really two). So, they really gave Buffalo a second this year and a first next year, plus a couple of mid-rounders for a stud corner. I think that's a pretty good move.
From the Bills' standpoint, it's a great deal. They want to take a quarterback in the first round, but they can just move down to do so. Sliding to No. 30 allowed them to pick up a valuable second-rounder and an extra first in what looks like an awesome draft.
What do you think? Is this something the Falcons should do?