NFL Free Agent Tracker:
| FA Grades
| FA Rumors
2019 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2019.
Follow me @walterfootball
NFL Free Agent Tracker:
Nick Foles, QB, Eagles. Age: 30.
Signed with Jaguars (4 years, $88 million; $50.125 million guaranteed)
Ah, to think Nick Foles almost retired. Jeff Fisher broke Foles, but Andy Reid, Doug Pederson and all of their assistants revived him. Foles, of course, went on to out-duel Tom Brady in the Super Bowl and then proved that was no fluke, leading the Eagles back from the dead to make the playoffs the following year. Foles isn't the most talented quarterback, but he has terrific leadership skills and comes through in big moments.
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Saints. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Saints
Teddy Bridgewater is difficult to rate. He was once considered a potential franchise quarterback, but he tore his knee gruesomely prior to the 2016 season. He has finally made it back and was able to start once last year. However, he didn't have a good performance, going 14-of-22 for 118 yards, one touchdown and an interception. Perhaps another offseason will get Bridgewater to full strength, but it could be possible that he just won't be starter material going forward. The Saints have had a good look at him in practice all fall, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.
Ryan Griffin, QB, Buccaneers. Age: 29.
Re-signed with Buccaneers (2 years)
The Buccaneers kept Ryan Griffin on the 53-man roster because he was exceptional in the preseason. Amazingly, he wasn't given a single snap by the incompetent coaching staff. Griffin has yet to play a single down in the NFL, so it's unclear how he'll perform in live action.
Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Buccaneers. Age: 36.
Signed with Dolphins (2 years)
Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven that he can be great for a game or two, but he'll ultimately self-destruct. He's a terrific backup quarterback.
Tyrod Taylor, QB, Browns. Age: 30.
Signed with Chargers (2 years)
Tyrod Taylor was miscast as a starter with the Browns. He didn't fare well as a result, but he's still a stellar backup quarterback in the NFL.
Blake Bortles, QB, Jaguars. Age: 27.
Signed with Rams (1 year)
Blake Bortles has the talent to be a franchise quarterback, but he just doesn't care about football. Rather than studying film and working on his craft, Bortles has opted to party his career away. That said, he's still young enough to turn his life around. He'll turn 27 in April, so he has time to find a passion for football. Perhaps getting cut by the Jaguars will serve as a wake-up call for him.
Josh McCown, QB, Jets. Age: 40.
Signed with Eagles
Josh McCown is a solid backup quarterback despite his age. He's also great to have in the quarterback meeting room. He may retire to go into coaching, however.
Kyle Sloter, QB, Vikings. Age: 25.
Signed with Cardinals
Chris Tomasson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, says that the Vikings will release Kyle Sloter if a deal can't get done. Sloter, the Tom Brady of the preseason, has shown enough to deserve a No. 2 job in the NFL. He has a quality arm and possesses upside, so every team should be interested.
Mike Glennon, QB, Cardinals. Age: 29.
Signed with Raiders
Mike Glennon failed as a full-time starter in Chicago, but he's still a top-tier backup and a capable spot starter. Glennon turns 30 in December.
Sam Bradford, QB, Cardinals. Age: 31.
Sam Bradford is a shell of his former self, thanks to countless injuries, but he's smart and can manage a team for a few games in the event of an injury to its starting quarterback.
Colin Kaepernick, QB, 49ers. Age: 31.
Colin Kaepernick has sparked controversy, but his football skills are the big problem. Kaepernick has declined every single year since 2013, as he has refused to put the appropriate amount of work into film study. Some will point to his 16:4 touchdown-to-interception ratio in 2016, but that was a farce because most of Kaepernick's production came in garbage time of blowouts. He maintained a sub-60 completion percentage, which is more of an indication of how he really played. The year before, he was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert. No team should consider Kaepernick to be a starter. At most, he's a half-decent backup, and he's not better enough than many of the other backups to be worth the colossal headache.
- Trevor Siemian, QB, Vikings. Age: 27. -- Signed with Jets (1 year, $2 million)
- Brian Hoyer, QB, Patriots. Age: 33. -- Signed with Colts
- Josh Johnson, QB, Redskins. Age: 33. -- Signed with Lions
- Cardale Jones, QB, Chargers. Age: 26.
- A.J. McCarron, QB, Raiders. Age: 28. -- Signed with Texans
- Geno Smith, QB, Seahawks. Age: 28. -- Signed with Seahawks
- Brock Osweiler, QB, Dolphins. Age: 28.
- Robert Griffin III, QB, Ravens. Age: 29. -- Re-signed with Ravens
- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Titans. Age: 29. -- Signed with Buccaneers
- Matt Schaub, QB, Falcons. Age: 38. -- Re-signed with Falcons (2 years)
- Brett Hundley, QB, Seahawks. Age: 26. -- Signed with Cardinals (1 year)
- Joe Webb, QB/WR, Texans. Age: 32. -- Re-signed with Texans
- Kevin Hogan, QB, Broncos. Age: 26.
- Paxton Lynch, QB, Seahawks. Age: 25.
- Tom Savage, QB, Lions. Age: 29.
- Tyree Jackson, QB, Bills. Age: 21.
- Tyler Bray, QB, Bears. Age: 27.
- David Fales, QB, Lions. Age: 28.
- Landry Jones, QB, Raiders. Age: 30.
- Alex Tanney (RFA), QB, Giants. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Giants (2 years)
- Mark Sanchez, QB, Redskins. Age: 32. -- Announced retirement
- Cody Kessler, QB, Eagles. Age: 26. -- Signed with Patriots
- Luke Falk, QB, Jets. Age: 24.
| FA Grades
| FA Rumors
NFL Picks - Jan. 26
2022 NFL Mock Draft - Jan. 26
NFL Power Rankings - Jan. 25
2023 NFL Mock Draft - Dec. 12
Fantasy Football Rankings - Sept. 8