NFL Free Agent Tracker:
| FA Grades
| FA Rumors
2019 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2019.
Follow me @walterfootball
NFL Free Agent Tracker:
Jordan Hicks, ILB, Eagles. Age: 27.
Signed with Cardinals (4 years, $36 million; $20 million guaranteed)
The Eagles have plenty of big-name free agents this offseason. If there's one player they must re-sign, it's Jordan Hicks. He's the heart and soul of the defense, which absolutely falls apart if he's ever out of the lineup. Hicks is entering his prime as well, so he'll continue to improve.
Denzel Perryman, ILB, Chargers. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Chargers (2 years)
The Chargers missed Denzel Perryman down the stretch after he suffered a knee injury. Fortunately for Perryman, he's expected to be 100 percent for 2019. Perryman will continue to be a very well-rounded linebacker. Only 26, Perryman might be able to improve his game.
C.J. Mosley, ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.
Signed with Jets (5 years, $85 million; $51 million guaranteed)
C.J. Mosley is an overrated player, as he tends to struggle in coverage sometimes. He's not awful in that regard, but he can be a liability on occasion. He's still a decent linebacker, as he's excellent in run support, but he's not rated as highly as people might think he should be.
Patrick Onwuasor (RFA), ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.
Tendered by Ravens (2nd round)
It could be argued that Patrick Onwuasor was the best linebacker on Baltimore's roster. He was excellent down the stretch, including the playoffs. He misses some tackles, but is terrific in coverage.
Zach Brown, ILB, Eagles. Age: 29.
Signed with Cardinals
Zach Brown is coming off a fantastic 2018 campaign, so it's shocking that the Redskins cut him to save $5.75 million in cap space. Brown should continue to play on a high level in the near future, but the one downside with him is that he'll turn 30 soon.
Cory Littleton (RFA), LB, Rams. Age: 26.
Tendered by Rams (2nd round)
Cory Littleton misses lots of tackles, but he covered very well in space as the Rams' top inside linebacker. He was also an ace special-teamer. He's still young, so perhaps he'll be able to improve his tackling.
Kwon Alexander, ILB, Buccaneers. Age: 25.
Signed with 49ers (4 years, $54 million; $27 million guaranteed)
Kwon Alexander played in only six games last year because he tore his ACL in late October. Alexander, a decent middle linebacker, should be ready to play by the season opener. He's still only 25, so he still has time to improve his game.
Josh Bynes, LB, Cardinals. Age: 30.
Josh Bynes is a late bloomer, as he's coming off his best season. Unfortunately, he turns 30 in August, so he may not play at a high level for very long.
Brandon Marshall, LB, Raiders. Age: 29.
Re-signed with Raiders
Brandon Marshall was once a stellar linebacker, but his play has fallen off a cliff in recent years because of injuries. However, Marshall isn't 30 yet, so he still has time to get healthy and rebound.
Jake Ryan, ILB, Packers. Age: 27.
Signed with Jaguars
Jake Ryan missed all of 2018 with a torn ACL, but he should be 100 percent for the 2019 opener because he suffered the injury over the summer. Ryan is excellent in run support, but could be better in pass coverage.
Vontaze Burfict, LB, Bengals. Age: 28.
Signed with Raiders (1 year)
Vontaze Burfict once would've been ranked as a four-star free agent, but injuries have sabotaged his career. He's played in just 43 of 80 possible games over the past five seasons, and now there's speculation that he may have to retire because of concussions.
Deone Bucannon, LB, Cardinals. Age: 27.
Signed with Buccaneers (1 year)
Deone Bucannon was beyond atrocious last season. However, he's a former first-round pick and should perform better in a 3-4 again.
L.J. Fort, ILB, Steelers. Age: 29.
Signed with Eagles (3 years, $10 million; $1.9 million guaranteed)
L.J. Fort is a solid run defender, but should only play two downs because he tends to be a liability in coverage.
Mark Barron, LB, Rams. Age: 29.
Signed with Steelers (2 years, $12 million)
Mark Barron has never been a very good player, but he's coming off his worst season yet. That might be because he was dealing with an ankle injury he never fully recovered from. However, Barron turns 30 soon, so further regression could be coming.
Mychal Kendricks, ILB, Seahawks. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Seahawks
Mychal Kendricks would have a better rating, as he's a talented linebacker, but he might be going to prison for insider trading.
- Mason Foster, ILB, Redskins. Age: 30.
- D.J. Alexander, LB/ST, Eagles. Age: 27.
- Manti Te'o, ILB, Saints. Age: 28.
- Kyle Emanuel, LB, Chargers. Age: 28. -- Announced retirement
- Preston Brown, ILB, Bengals. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Bengals (3 years)
- Ray-Ray Armstrong, ILB, Browns. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Browns
- Ramik Wilson, ILB, Rams. Age: 27. -- Signed with Jaguars
- Will Compton, ILB, Titans. Age: 30.
- Craig Robertson, ILB, Saints. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Saints (2 years, $4 million)
- Joe Thomas, ILB, Cowboys. Age: 28.
- Joe Jones (RFA), ILB, Broncos. Age: 25.
- Mike Hull (RFA), ILB, Dolphins. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Dolphins (1 year)
- Nate Palmer, ILB, Titans. Age: 29.
- Hayes Pullard, LB, Chargers. Age: 27.
- David Mayo, ILB, Panthers. Age: 26. -- Signed with 49ers (2 years)
- Marquis Flowers, ILB, Redskins. Age: 27.
- Damien Wilson, ILB, Cowboys. Age: 26. -- Signed with Chiefs
- Paul Worrilow, ILB, Eagles. Age: 29. -- Signed with Ravens
- Terrance Smith (RFA), ILB, Chiefs. Age: 26.
- Bryce Hager, ILB, Rams. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Rams
- Justin March-Lillard, ILB, Cowboys. Age: 26.
- Jerrol Garcia-Williams (RFA), ILB, Broncos. Age: 25.
- Bruce Carter, ILB, Falcons. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Falcons
- Neville Hewitt, ILB, Jets. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Jets
- Josh Martin, ILB, Jets. Age: 27.
- Brock Coyle, LB, 49ers. Age: 28. -- Announced retirement
- Zach Vigil, ILB, Redskins. Age: 28.
- Nicholas Grigsby, LB, Lions. Age: 27.
- Brian Peters, LB, Texans. Age: 30.
- Jeremy Cash (RFA), ILB, Cardinals. Age: 26.
- Bryson Albright (RFA), ILB, Cardinals. Age: 25.
| FA Grades
| FA Rumors
Fantasy Football Rankings - July 11
2022 NFL Mock Draft - May 13
2021 NFL Mock Draft - May 12
2020 College Football Recruiting Rankings - April 14
NFL Power Rankings - April 5
NFL Picks - Feb. 2
2020 NBA Mock Draft - Sept. 27