1. Johnnie Lee Higgins fumbled the opening kickoff, resulting in a Carolina touchdown.
2. Andrew Walter took a sack on third-and-six on Oakland's opening possession.
3. Walter tossed an interception inside the red zone on the team's second drive.
4. A Zach Miller (3 catches, 43 yards) holding penalty nullified a 4-yard run on first down near midfield. Oakland had to punt because of its long-yardage situation.
5. Jake Grove committed a personal foul on first down of the next drive. The Raiders went three-and-out.
6. On the next possession, Walter fumbled the ball for a 4-yard loss. Another three-and-out.
7. Oakland missed two easy tackles on a 69-yard DeAngelo Williams touchdown run. Williams ran for 140 yards and a score.
8. Walter had another massive loss on a fumble on the very next drive, putting Oakland in a second-and-23.
9. The Raiders committed a defensive holding on third-and-13, granting Carolina a first down. Jonathan Stewart (seven carries, 21 yards) was the player who was held.
10. Walter threw another pick in Carolina territory to open the fourth quarter.
11. Walter took a sack on third-and-four on the next possession.
12. Marques Tuisasosoppo, playing for an injured Walter, took a sack on third-and-seven on the following drive.
13. The Raiders surrendered a 55-yard punt return, setting up a final John Kasay field goal, putting this game out of reach.