Aug. 31, 2011.
This is a 2011 Fantasy Football Draft for a REAL fantasy league with 11 other forum members.
I took part in this, PPR, 3-WR league last year and finished first in points scored. I went 9-4-1, though I lost in the semi-finals, thanks in part to Arian Foster doing nothing for me and Jason Witten going off (30 points) for eventual champion Team Vikingfan173.
As usual, here are the best and worst picks, as well as analysis of my own selections. I'll be posting more mocks, so follow me @walterfootball
(1) Dolphins Homer - Ray Rice RB
(2) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Arian Foster RB
(3) Epic Debacalation
- Adrian Peterson RB
(4) Fantasy Frogball - LeSean McCoy RB
(5) Team Baker - Andre Johnson WR
(6) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Darren McFadden RB
(7) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Chris Johnson RB
(8) Ohio State Buckeyes - Larry Fitzgerald WR
(9) Rich Kotite's Jets - Roddy White WR
(10) Injured Reserve - Jamaal Charles RB
(11) Doctor Who Dat - Maurice Jones-Drew RB
(12) Team Potter - Matt Forte RB
(13) Team Potter - Steven Jackson RB
(14) Doctor Who Dat - Calvin Johnson WR
(15) Injured Reserve - Rashard Mendenhall RB
(16) Rich Kotite's Jets - Hakeem Nicks WR
(17) Ohio State Buckeyes - Felix Jones RB
(18) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Frank Gore RB
(19) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Aaron Rodgers QB
(20) Team Baker - Peyton Hillis RB
(21) Fantasy Frogball - Greg Jennings WR
(22) Epic Debacalation
- Reggie Wayne WR
(23) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Miles Austin WR
(24) Dolphins Homer - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
MY PICKS: I have to point out that I didn't take Adrian Peterson. I was watching the Jets-Giants preseason game - go here for all of my preseason recaps
- so I forgot this draft started. I don't mind Peterson, but I would have preferred LeSean McCoy in a PPR format.
But man, these guys are smart. In normal leagues, I could have gotten Felix Jones or Greg Jennings at 2.10, but I had to settle for Reggie Wayne, who was the second best player available in my 2011 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet
. I went Wayne over Jahvid Best to compensate for the 3-WR setup.
BEST PICKS: I think Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye (I prefer Evil Eye) is going to be quite happy that he was able to get Chris Johnson at 1.07.
I really liked the Frank Gore selection at 2.06.
WORST PICKS: It's kind of ironic that Doctor Who Dat took Maurice Jones-Drew at 1.11, given Jones-Drew's knee issue. You figure a medical professional would know better.
Miles Austin-Jones is risky at 2.11. I don't know what's going with his hamstring; he's been out for a while, and soft-tissue injuries tend to linger.
(25) Dolphins Homer - Vincent Jackson WR
(26) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Jahvid Best RB
(27) Epic Debacalation
- Brandon Marshall WR
(28) Fantasy Frogball - Tom Brady QB
(29) Team Baker - Mike Wallace WR
(30) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Mike Williams WR
(31) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Michael Vick QB
(32) Ohio State Buckeyes - LeGarrette Blount RB
(33) Rich Kotite's Jets - Philip Rivers QB
(34) Injured Reserve - Brandon Lloyd WR
(35) Doctor Who Dat - Drew Brees QB
(36) Team Potter - Wes Welker WR
(37) Team Potter - Dallas Clark TE
(38) Doctor Who Dat - Dez Bryant WR
(39) Injured Reserve - Michael Turner RB
(40) Rich Kotite's Jets - Shonn Greene RB
(41) Ohio State Buckeyes - Antonio Gates TE
(42) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Steve Johnson WR
(43) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Vernon Davis TE
(44) Team Baker - Jason Witten TE
(45) Fantasy Frogball - DeAngelo Williams RB
(46) Epic Debacalation
- Tim Hightower RB
(47) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Santonio Holmes WR
(48) Dolphins Homer - Jermichael Finley TE
MY PICKS: Brandon Marshall usually fell to the beginning of the fourth round when I participated in mock drafts, but he was the best player on my board, and there was no way I was getting him at 4.10.
Same thing with Tim Hightower. He was the top-listed player, and since everyone in this league knows their stuff, there was a chance he wouldn't be available to me at 5.03.
BEST PICKS: I guess I have to love the Jahvid Best selection since he was technically the top player on my board at 2.10. If he dropped to me at 3.03, I would have grabbed him.
I'm jealous that Team Potter was able to secure Wes Welker at 3.12. He was next on my list after Marshall.
Two other picks I liked: Dez Bryant is going to be a stud this year, while DeAngelo Williams was someone I would have taken at 4.10.
WORST PICKS: How does Dallas Clark go before Antonio Gates? As much as I loved Team Potter's Wes Welker pick, I don't get Clark going at 4.01.
Michael Turner as an RB3 in Round 4 of a PPR league? Blegh.
(49) Dolphins Homer - Peyton Manning QB
(50) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Beanie Wells RB
(51) Epic Debacalation
- Knowshon Moreno RB
(52) Fantasy Frogball - Mario Manningham WR
(53) Team Baker - Tony Romo QB
(54) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Reggie Bush RB
(55) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Percy Harvin WR
(56) Ohio State Buckeyes - Austin Collie WR
(57) Rich Kotite's Jets - Earl Bennett WR
(58) Injured Reserve - Matthew Stafford QB
(59) Doctor Who Dat - Jeremy Maclin WR
(60) Team Potter - Dwayne Bowe WR
(61) Team Potter - Matt Schaub QB
(62) Doctor Who Dat - Joseph Addai RB
(63) Injured Reserve - Santana Moss WR
(64) Rich Kotite's Jets - Fred Jackson RB
(65) Ohio State Buckeyes - Ryan Mathews RB
(66) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Kenny Britt WR
(67) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Marques Colston WR
(68) Team Baker - Mike Tolbert RB
(69) Fantasy Frogball - DeSean Jackson WR
(70) Epic Debacalation
- Ben Roethlisberger QB
(71) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Owen Daniels TE
(72) Dolphins Homer - Jimmy Graham TE
MY PICKS: I had a tough choice between Knowshon Moreno and Mario Manningham at 5.03. I've been preaching about the lack of running back depth all summer, so I went with Moreno as a reserve running back. I really regret that move, and you'll see why later.
Ben Roethlisberger is great value at 6.10, in my opinion.
BEST PICKS: Fantasy Frogball gets a best pick for Manningham, as referenced earlier.
Also in Round 5, I think Dolphins Homer is going to be laughing at us when Peyton Manning is throwing for 300 yards and three touchdowns almost every week in November.
WORST PICKS: I'll give myself a worst pick for Moreno, which screwed my receiving depth.
The WORST pick - note the capitalization - is Earl Bennett at 5.08. I don't know what that's all about. Someone asked me what grade I'd give that selection. My answer:
Triple Millen Man Sex.
(73) Dolphins Homer - Danny Amendola WR
(74) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Lance Moore WR
(75) Epic Debacalation
- Chad Ochocinco WR
(76) Fantasy Frogball - Ryan Grant RB
(77) Team Baker - Cedric Benson RB
(78) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Mark Ingram RB
(79) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Brandon Jacobs RB
(80) Ohio State Buckeyes - Julio Jones WR
(81) Rich Kotite's Jets - Lee Evans WR
(82) Injured Reserve - Mike Thomas WR
(83) Doctor Who Dat - Davone Bess WR
(84) Team Potter - Steve Smith WR
(85) Team Potter - Eagles D/ST D/ST
(86) Doctor Who Dat - C.J. Spiller RB
(87) Injured Reserve - Matt Ryan QB
(88) Rich Kotite's Jets - Steelers D/ST D/ST
(89) Ohio State Buckeyes - Sam Bradford QB
(90) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Nate Burleson WR
(91) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Braylon Edwards WR
(92) Team Baker - Anquan Boldin WR
(93) Fantasy Frogball - Pierre Garcon WR
(94) Epic Debacalation
- James Starks RB
(95) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Josh Freeman QB
(96) Dolphins Homer - Jonathan Stewart RB
MY PICKS: And now you see why I regret taking Knowshon Moreno. My third receiver is Chad Ochocinco. Ugh. I could have went Mario Manningham in Round 5, and then either Mark Ingram or Brandon Jacobs in Round 7. Or I could have grabbed both Ryan Grant and James Starks (Round 8). Combined, both make for a great RB3.
BEST PICKS: I was praying either Lance Moore or Danny Amendola would drop to me at 7.03. I wouldn't have minded either as a PPR WR3. Unfortunately, Little Jimmy Sanch0s and Dolphins Homer screwed me over.
How did Jonathan Stewart drop to Round 8? That's nuts.
As for quarterbacks, Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman going here is proof that you can wait to address that position.
WORST PICKS: Sorry, Team Potter. Steve Smith and Eagles Defense would have been bad picks in Rounds 11-12; let alone in Rounds 7-8.
I also have to criticize the Steelers Defense selection too. Pittsburgh has the top defense, but taking them in Round 8 was way too early.
(97) Dolphins Homer - Jacoby Ford WR
(98) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Marshawn Lynch RB
(99) Epic Debacalation
- Kellen Winslow TE
(100) Fantasy Frogball - Pierre Thomas RB
(101) Team Baker - Rashad Jennings RB
(102) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Mike Sims-Walker WR
(103) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Danny Woodhead RB
(104) Ohio State Buckeyes - Brandon Pettigrew TE
(105) Rich Kotite's Jets - Rob Gronkowski TE
(106) Injured Reserve - Ben Tate RB
(107) Doctor Who Dat - BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
(108) Team Potter - Robert Meachem WR
(109) Team Potter - Darren Sproles RB
(110) Doctor Who Dat - Zach Miller TE
(111) Injured Reserve - Packers D/ST D/ST
(112) Rich Kotite's Jets - Greg Olsen TE
(113) Ohio State Buckeyes - Eli Manning QB
(114) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Aaron Hernandez TE
(115) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Javon Ringer RB
(116) Team Baker - Sidney Rice WR
(117) Fantasy Frogball - LaDainian Tomlinson RB
(118) Epic Debacalation
- Malcom Floyd WR
(119) Little Jimmy SanchOs - A.J. Green WR
(120) Dolphins Homer - Greg Little WR
MY PICKS: I'm perfectly fine with Kellen Winslow Jr. as my starting tight end, so I was happy to get him in Round 9. Meanwhile, I finally obtained a receiver I was targeting; I think Malcom Floyd is solid value at 10.10.
BEST PICKS: I'm a fan of the Danny Woodhead pick. If I wasn't hurting for receivers and didn't need a tight end, I definitely would have snagged him at 9.03. He's such a big part of New England's offense, and he's going to catch 40-50 passes this year.
I bashed Team Potter's picks in the last round, so let me give him some credit for Darren Sproles at 10.01. Sproles is another running back who will be a big part of his team's passing attack.
WORST PICKS: There were a number of solid tight ends chosen in these two rounds, but the one I don't like is Zach Miller. He's not going to come anywhere close to his full potential because of Tarvaris Jackson.
It's hard to like Greg Little in the 10th round. I like him for his upside, but there's no guarantee he'll even start.
(121) Dolphins Homer - Antonio Brown WR
(122) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Marcedes Lewis TE
(123) Epic Debacalation
- Lance Kendricks TE
(124) Fantasy Frogball - Jordy Nelson WR
(125) Team Baker - Jerome Simpson WR
(126) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Denarius Moore WR
(127) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Joe Flacco QB
(128) Ohio State Buckeyes - Michael Bush RB
(129) Rich Kotite's Jets - Montario Hardesty RB
(130) Injured Reserve - Plaxico Burress WR
(131) Doctor Who Dat - Daniel Thomas RB
(132) Team Potter - Thomas Jones RB
(133) Team Potter - Benjamin Watson TE
(134) Doctor Who Dat - Roy Williams WR
(135) Injured Reserve - Dustin Keller TE
(136) Rich Kotite's Jets - Jay Cutler QB
(137) Ohio State Buckeyes - Johnny Knox WR
(138) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Kendall Hunter RB
(139) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Jordan Shipley WR
(140) Team Baker - Jerome Harrison RB
(141) Fantasy Frogball - Tony Gonzalez TE
(142) Epic Debacalation
- Willis McGahee RB
(143) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Roscoe Parrish WR
(144) Dolphins Homer - Ravens D/ST D/ST
MY PICKS: A backup tight end? Well, our third receiver position is actually a WR/TE flex, so we can actually start two tight ends if we want to. Considering my terrible depth at wideout, I figured I should grab a solid PPR TE2.
Handcuff for Knowshon Moreno! Willis McGahee will get a good amount of touches in Denver's offense, and Moreno isn't the most durable back in the NFL. I actually wanted a receiver of some sort, but there was nothing left.
BEST PICKS: Believe it or not, I was hoping Roy Williams would fall to me at 12.10. That's how bad my receivers are.
Some solid, high-upside selections that could really pan out: Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Denarius Moore, Kendall Hunter.
WORST PICKS: Two useless handcuffs: Thomas Jones and James Harrison. Jones doesn't catch passes and will receive fewer touches this year because Dexter McCluster will be used more often. Harrison may not even be Jahvid Best's backup.
Roscoe Parrish? I just vomited all over my laptop.
(145) Dolphins Homer - Mark Sanchez QB
(146) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Jason Snelling RB
(147) Epic Debacalation
- Kevin Kolb QB
(148) Fantasy Frogball - Ronnie Brown RB
(149) Team Baker - Michael Crabtree WR
(150) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Eric Decker WR
(151) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - James Jones WR
(152) Ohio State Buckeyes - Jared Cook TE
(153) Rich Kotite's Jets - Andre Roberts WR
(154) Injured Reserve - Sebastian Janikowski K
(155) Doctor Who Dat - Jets D/ST D/ST
(156) Team Potter - Hines Ward WR
(157) Team Potter - Tony Moeaki TE
(158) Doctor Who Dat - Matt Cassel QB
(159) Injured Reserve - Devin Hester WR
(160) Rich Kotite's Jets - Stevan Ridley RB
(161) Ohio State Buckeyes - Brian Hartline WR
(162) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Jermaine Gresham TE
(163) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Raiders D/ST D/ST
(164) Team Baker - Chargers D/ST D/ST
(165) Fantasy Frogball - Deion Branch WR
(166) Epic Debacalation
- Patriots D/ST D/ST
(167) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Nate Kaeding K
(168) Dolphins Homer - Josh Brown K
MY PICKS: I needed a backup quarterback, and Kevin Kolb was the top guy available.
I like to play defensive matchups, but I may not really need to too often with New England's defense. The Patriots battle Chad Henne in Week 1, so they're a must-start.
BEST PICKS: If Willis McGahee was off the board at 12.10, I may have taken Jason Snelling with that selection.
Stevan Ridley could go down as a great selection in the 14th round. He's really talented, so he might get carries ahead of BenJarvus Green-Ellis in the second half of the season.
WORST PICKS: I'm not a fan of taking a kicker in Round 14; let alone Round 13.
As for real players, there were better quarterbacks available for Dolphins Homer at 13.01.
(169) Dolphins Homer - LaRod Stephens-Howling RB
(170) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Rams D/ST D/ST
(171) Epic Debacalation
- Donald Driver WR
(172) Fantasy Frogball - Giants D/ST D/ST
(173) Team Baker - Garrett Hartley K
(174) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Mason Crosby K
(175) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Falcons D/ST D/ST
(176) Ohio State Buckeyes - Bears D/ST D/ST
(177) Rich Kotite's Jets - Dan Carpenter K
(178) Injured Reserve - Bernard Scott RB
(179) Doctor Who Dat - Saints D/ST D/ST
(180) Team Potter - Colt McCoy QB
(181) Team Potter - Neil Rackers K
(182) Doctor Who Dat - Alex Henery K
(183) Injured Reserve - Kyle Orton QB
(184) Rich Kotite's Jets - Randall Cobb WR
(185) Ohio State Buckeyes - Stephen Gostkowski K
(186) Stuart Scott's Lazy Eye - Rob Bironas K
(187) BobLoblaw's LawBlog - Taiwan Jones RB
(188) Team Baker - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
(189) Fantasy Frogball - Matt Bryant K
(190) Epic Debacalation
- Nick Folk K
(191) Little Jimmy SanchOs - Chris Cooley TE
(192) Dolphins Homer - Delone Carter RB
MY PICKS: There's no upside with Donald Driver, but I'm so thin at receiver that I wanted a safe backup. Besides, Driver's had a decent preseason, so maybe he could have one last OK year.
Last person to take a kicker. Oh yeah.
BEST PICKS: Mr. Irrelevant is the best pick in Rounds 15-16. Delone Carter won't be a factor in Indianapolis' passing game, but he'll score touches when Joseph Addai suffers his annual injury.
WORST PICKS: Team Baker drafted an injured kicker. The Saints just signed John Kasay, so he might need another kicker for Week 1.
LaRod Stephens-Howling? Do we get points for return yardage? Maybe I should have read the rules.
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Tim Hightower
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR/TE - Chad Ochocinco
TE - Kellen Winslow Jr.
K - Nick Folk
DEF - Patriots Defense (at Dolphins)
BN - Knowshon Moreno RB
BN - James Starks RB
BN - Malcom Floyd WR
BN - Lance Kendricks TE
BN - Willis McGahee RB
BN - Kevin Kolb
BN - Donald Driver WR
More 2011 Fantasy Football Articles:
2011 Fantasy Football: Home
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings:
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Quarterbacks - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Running Backs - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Wide Receivers - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Tight Ends - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Defenses - 9/1 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Rankings: Kickers - 6/26 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Downloadable Spreadsheets - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Dynasty Rookie Rankings - 8/27 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Auction Values - 8/27 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets:
2011 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Top 150 Traditional - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Top 150 PPR - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Top 150 Touchdown - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Drafts:
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Real League Draft - 8/31 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Fake Mock - 8/25 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Experts Draft - 8/25 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Forum 2-QB Mock - 7/21 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Mock Draft Scenarios - 7/17 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Auction: Mock PPR Auction - 7/14 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Forum PPR Mock - 7/7 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Forum Mock - 7/3 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Four-Man PPR Draft - 6/19 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Draft: Fox Sports - 5/5 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Articles:
2011 Fantasy Football Injury Reports: Week 2 - 9/18 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings: Week 2 - 9/18 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Week 2 Add/Drop - 9/13 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Training Camp Stock - 9/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Start Em, Sit Em - 9/6 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Preseason Stock - 9/3 (Walt)
2011 Preseason Recap and Fantasy Football Notes - 9/3 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Preseason Targets - 9/3 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Late-Round Sleepers - 9/1 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Round-by-Round Strategy - 9/1 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Value Comparison - 9/1
2011 Fantasy Football: Must-Have Players - 8/24 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Busts, Players to Avoid - 7/25 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 7/24 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Sleepers - 7/23 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Various League Strategy - 7/18 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Three-Dimensional Running Backs - 7/16 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: ADP Analysis - 7/15 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: First-Round Bust History - 7/10 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 7/9 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 7/4 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft Analysis - 7/1 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 6/18 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 6/12 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football Mailbag - 6/5 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Stock Up (Draft) - 5/6 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Stock Down (Draft) - 5/6 (Walt)
2010 Fantasy Football: Buy Low - 4/8 (Walt)
2011 Fantasy Football: Defense Strategy - 4/8 (Walt)
Running Backs with Most Carries - 4/8 (Walt)
NFL Picks - Feb. 6
2017 NFL Mock Draft - Feb. 5
2016 NFL Mock Draft - Feb. 4
2016 NBA Mock Draft - Feb. 2
NFL Free Agents
Fantasy Football Rankings - Jan. 15