This is a PPR 2011 Fantasy Football Mock Draft conducted with some of the guys on the forum. We decided to hop into an ESPN mock draft on Saturday evening. Hopefully moving away from this site and onto ESPN will be unnecessary in the near future. If you've been on the forums lately, you know what that means.
Here are the results with commentary below each round.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Arian Foster RB
(2) Team Pheltz - Chris Johnson RB
(3) Team Young - Jamaal Charles RB
(4) Team W - Ray Rice RB
(5) Team Ragnarok - Adrian Peterson RB
(6) Team Summerfield - Maurice Jones-Drew RB
(7) Team Friedman - LeSean McCoy RB
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - Andre Johnson WR
(9) Ckane 138 - Roddy White WR
(10) WalterFootball.com - Darren McFadden RB
(11) Team Bagley - Aaron Rodgers QB
(12) Team Magney - Rashard Mendenhall RB
Two things. First, once again, I have to note that I hate the 45 seconds per selection on ESPN. I nearly missed a few of my picks because I was writing down each selection and crossing players off my cheat. In Round 14, I panicked and took a crappy player, as you'll see below.
And second, we do fantasy mock drafts every Wednesday night at 10 Eastern, so feel free to stop by the forums to join us.
MY PICK: This is not a good year to pick 10th in a PPR format. I don't like my team. I have some very talented players, but too many of them are of the high-risk, high-reward variety. This includes Darren McFadden, whom I don't trust to stay healthy all year. I would have drafted Roddy White at No. 10 if CKane138 didn't pick him.
WORST PICK: Maurice Jones-Drew carries even more risk than McFadden, but he's not the worst pick of this first round. That would be Aaron Rodgers. I don't think you can take a quarterback in the first round of a PPR league. Their value is somewhat diminished in this format.
(1) Team Magney - Frank Gore RB
(2) Team Bagley - QB Dog Killer
(3) WalterFootball.com - Matt Forte RB
(4) Ckane 138 - Greg Jennings WR
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Hakeem Nicks WR
(6) Team Friedman - Calvin Johnson WR
(7) Team Summerfield - Steven Jackson RB
(8) Team Ragnarok - Drew Brees QB
(9) Team W - Tom Brady QB
(10) Team Young - Philip Rivers QB
(11) Team Pheltz - Larry Fitzgerald WR
(12) I like Ballseckz - Reggie Wayne WR
MY PICK: Matt Forte is one of the few players on my team who doesn't carry much risk. He'll once again catch a bunch of passes in Mike Martz's pass-happy offense.
BEST PICK: I really like the three middle picks of this round: Hakeem Nicks, Calvin Johnson and especially Steven Jackson. All were great values.
WORST PICK: Team Bagley snagged the first two quarterbacks off the board, prompting a chain reaction that caused a few other drafters to take an early signal-caller. Out of Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Philip Rivers, which one doesn't belong in Round 2? Hint: His name rhymes with livers.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Jahvid Best RB
(2) Team Pheltz - Michael Turner RB
(3) Team Young - Peyton Hillis RB
(4) Team W - Miles Austin-Jones WR
(5) Team Ragnarok - Jonathan Stewart RB
(6) Team Summerfield - Peyton Manning QB
(7) Team Friedman - Knowshon Moreno RB
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - LeGarrette Blount RB
(9) Ckane 138 - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
(10) WalterFootball.com - Ryan Mathews RB
(11) Team Bagley - DeSean Jackson WR
(12) Team Magney - Mike Wallace WR
MY PICK: Yes, I went RB-RB-RB. If there was ever a year to do it though, it's this year. The running back depth is so thin, and the next running back remaining in my 2011 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings after Ryan Mathews was Felix Jones - so I almost had to pull the trigger.
BEST PICK: How does Peyton Manning go eight selections after Philip Rivers? That's crazy.
WORST PICK: Team Friedman saved Team Pheltz from having the worst pick in this round. The Denver front office hates Knowshon Moreno, so he was a wasted pick in Round 3.
(1) Team Magney - Dez Bryant WR
(2) Team Bagley - Vincent Jackson WR
(3) WalterFootball.com - Brandon Marshall WR
(4) Ckane 138 - DeAngelo Williams RB
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Mike Williams WR
(6) Team Friedman - Tony Romo QB
(7) Team Summerfield - Jeremy Maclin WR
(8) Team Ragnarok - Dwayne Bowe WR
(9) Team W - Antonio Gates TE
(10) Team Young - Santonio Holmes WR
(11) Team Pheltz - Wes Welker WR
(12) I like Ballseckz - Steve Johnson WR
MY PICK: It came down to Antonio Gates versus Brandon Marshall, but because I already had one Charger on my team, I went with the latter. Not that there's anything wrong with San Diego; it's just that I hate doubling up on teammates early on. What if Philip Rivers gets hurt? Or what if the Chargers have a bad-weather game late in the year?
(Note: After typing that final sentence, I looked at the schedule, and San Diego's only potential bad-weather game is Week 11 at Chicago.)
BEST PICK: I considered Gates at 4.03, so I loved Gates at 4.09. Wes Welker was also a steal at 4.11.
WORST PICK: There's not one pick I hated in this round. With a gun to my head, the worst selection is Vincent Jackson because he doesn't catch many passes. But he's still a stud receiver.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Felix Jones RB
(2) Team Pheltz - Shonn Greene RB
(3) Team Young - Vernon Davis TE
(4) Team W - Cedric Benson RB
(5) Team Ragnarok - Mario Manningham WR
(6) Team Summerfield - Jason Witten TE
(7) Team Friedman - Marques Colston WR
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - Dallas Clark TE
(9) Ckane 138 - Brandon Lloyd WR
(10) WalterFootball.com - Austin Collie WR
(11) Team Bagley - Matt Schaub QB
(12) Team Magney - Jermichael Finley TE
MY PICK: Austin Collie is a great PPR guy - assuming he stays healthy. Like I said, I have a risky team.
BEST PICK: The top three guys on my board entering this round were Dallas Clark, Felix Jones and Jason Witten. I was hoping one of them would fall to me. Damn it.
WORST PICK: Team Bagley just selected his third quarterback. He's either pretending he's in a two-quarterback league or simply not taking this seriously, so let's ignore the rest of his picks. Outside of Matt Schaub, the worst choice was Cedric Benson. When Team W took him, I threw up a little bit.
(1) Team Magney - Ben Roethlisberger QB
(2) Team Bagley - Fred Jackson RB
(3) WalterFootball.com - Josh Freeman QB
(4) Ckane 138 - Mark Ingram RB
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Matt Ryan QB
(6) Team Friedman - Ryan Grant RB
(7) Team Summerfield - Percy Harvin WR
(8) Team Ragnarok - Jordy Nelson WR
(9) Team W - Michael Crabtree WR
(10) Team Young - Daniel Thomas RB
(11) Team Pheltz - Braylon Edwards WR
(12) I like Ballseckz - Marshawn Lynch RB
MY PICK: I almost missed this pick. I planned on picking Ben Roethlisberger. The selections came in so quickly that I didn't notice this. I looked at the quarterback list, and couldn't find Big Ben. I scanned the names twice more, but still no Roethlisberger. With 10 seconds remaining, I finally discovered that someone else picked him. So, I went with my next-ranked quarterback, Josh Freeman.
BEST PICK: Team Magney broke my heart - and nearly my sanity.
WORST PICK: I think Round 6 is way too early for Daniel Thomas, especially in a PPR league. Thomas isn't even guaranteed the starting job; let alone the receptions. We'll see what happens in free agency.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Danny Amendola WR
(2) Team Pheltz - Johnny Knox WR
(3) Team Young - BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
(4) Team W - Joseph Addai RB
(5) Team Ragnarok - Pierre Garcon WR
(6) Team Summerfield - Pierre Thomas RB
(7) Team Friedman - Ryan Torain RB
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - James Starks RB
(9) Ckane 138 - Sidney Rice WR
(10) WalterFootball.com - Brandon Pettigrew TE
(11) Team Bagley - Brandon Jacobs RB
(12) Team Magney - Kenny Britt WR
MY PICK: My top-rated player available, Brandon Pettigrew, happened to fill a position of need for me. How convenient.
BEST PICK: I'm jealous of I like Ballseckz's selection of Danny Amendola. I would have picked him if he dropped to me at 7.10. Amendola isn't the most skilled receiver in the NFL, but he'll get a ton of receptions.
WORST PICK: I understand that the running back depth is ridiculously thin, but what's with these bums in Round 7? Worst of all is Ryan Torain, who may lose his job by October.
(1) Team Magney - Sam Bradford QB
(2) Team Bagley - Steelers Defense
(3) WalterFootball.com - Deion Branch WR
(4) Ckane 138 - Eli Manning QB
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Mikel Leshoure RB
(6) Team Friedman - Owen Daniels TE
(7) Team Summerfield - Michael Bush RB
(8) Team Ragnarok - Jimmy Graham TE
(9) Team W - Anquan Boldin WR
(10) Team Young - Packers Defense
(11) Team Pheltz - Chris Wells RB
(12) I like Ballseckz - Matthew Stafford QB
MY PICK: Yet another risky player. Tom Brady and Deion Branch have a great rapport, but it seems like Branch suffers an injury every other game. Still, it's Round 8 and I need a third receiver.
BEST PICK: Team Magney breaks my heart again. I don't know how much more I can take.
WORST PICK: Team W's previous four picks: Anquan Boldin, Joseph Addai, Michael Crabtree, Cedric Benson. I am not throwing up a lot.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Zach Miller TE
(2) Team Pheltz - Danny Woodhead RB
(3) Team Young - Marcedes Lewis TE
(4) Team W - Davone Bess WR
(5) Team Ragnarok - Montario Hardesty RB
(6) Team Summerfield - Mike Tolbert RB
(7) Team Friedman - Ryan Williams RB
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - C.J. Spiller RB
(9) Ckane 138 - LaDainian Tomlinson RB
(10) WalterFootball.com - Tim Tebow QB
(11) Team Bagley - Chris Cooley TE
(12) Team Magney - Roy Helu RB
MY PICK: There weren't many backup quarterbacks remaining thanks to Team Bagley's antics. Tim Tebow fits in well with my team because he's yet another high-risk, high-reward player.
BEST PICK: I hated Team W's picks in Rounds 5-8, but I'm a huge fan of Davone Bess in PPR formats. I was going to take him with one of my next two selections. He's so reliable as a flex option. You can just plug him in and receive 8-12 points every week.
WORST PICK: I'm not going to play the guessing game with Washington's running backs. It's just not worth it. There's no upside with any of those guys.
(1) Team Magney - Mike Thomas WR
(2) Team Bagley - Jets Defense
(3) WalterFootball.com - Danario Alexander WR
(4) Ckane 138 - Kellen Winslow Jr. TE
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Julio Jones WR
(6) Team Friedman - Malcom Floyd WR
(7) Team Summerfield - Lance Moore WR
(8) Team Ragnarok - Santana Moss WR
(9) Team W - Mike Williams WR
(10) Team Young - Joe Flacco QB
(11) Team Pheltz - Matt Cassel QB
(12) I like Ballseckz - Robert Meachem WR
MY PICK: I will, however, play the guessing game with the St. Louis receivers. Josh McDaniels and Sam Bradford will transform either Danario Alexander or Mark Clayton into a fantasy stud.
BEST PICK: There's a ton of upside with Robert Meachem. I considered him at 10.03, but opted to go with Alexander. Maybe I would have chosen Meachem if I had more time to think. Thanks a lot, ESPN.
WORST PICK: I have to wonder why Team Pheltz chose Matt Cassel over Jay Cutler. Maybe Team Bagley's antics confused him.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Jay Cutler QB
(2) Team Pheltz - Rob Gronkowski TE
(3) Team Young - A.J. Green WR
(4) Team W - James Jones WR
(5) Team Ragnarok - Mike Goodson RB
(6) Team Summerfield - Steve Smith WR
(7) Team Friedman - Ronnie Brown RB
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - Reggie Bush RB
(9) Ckane 138 - Kevin Kolb QB
(10) WalterFootball.com - Mark Clayton WR
(11) Team Bagley - Terrell Owens WR
(12) Team Magney - Rashad Jennings RB
MY PICK: I have secured both Rams receivers! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
BEST PICK: Depending where Reggie Bush ends up, Ellijay FalconsFan could have a pretty good PPR flex running back.
WORST PICK: I planned on writing "I guess [Insert Team] didn't pay attention to the Terrell Owens injury" until I noticed who drafted Owens. Of course it was Team Bagley. Team Bagley clearly wants to be a Jerk of the Week.
(1) Team Magney - Jerome Simpson WR
(2) Team Bagley - Ravens Defense
(3) WalterFootball.com - Jason Snelling RB
(4) Ckane 138 - Shane Vereen RB
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Chad Ochocinco WR
(6) Team Friedman - Jacoby Ford WR
(7) Team Summerfield - Hines Ward WR
(8) Team Ragnarok - Mark Sanchez QB
(9) Team W - Emmanuel Sanders WR
(10) Team Young - Randy Moss WR
(11) Team Pheltz - Jacoby Jones WR
(12) I like Ballseckz - DeMarco Murray RB
MY PICK: Michael Turner is not lasting the whole year, so I think it's a good idea to pick up his backup. Jacquizz Rodgers is also there, but the lockout is going to hurt him.
BEST PICK: Emmanuel Sanders is a steal. I have a feeling I'll be moving him up as the summer progresses.
WORST PICK: Randy Moss is done, while Chad Ochocinco is a washed-up clown. They have no business being drafted in the 12th round.
(1) I like Ballseckz - Greg Little WR
(2) Team Pheltz - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
(3) Team Young - Neil Rackers K
(4) Team W - Anthony Dixon RB
(5) Team Ragnarok - Chargers Defense
(6) Team Summerfield - David Garrard QB
(7) Team Friedman - Tony Gonzalez TE
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - Thomas Jones RB
(9) Ckane 138 - Donald Brown RB
(10) WalterFootball.com - Delone Carter RB
(11) Team Bagley - Nate Kaeding K
(12) Team Magney - Leonard Hankerson WR
MY PICK: There's talk that Delone Carter will get the goal-line carries this year. That's good enough for me in the 13th round, even though he won't receive (m)any receptions.
BEST PICK: The only player in this round that I can see emerging as a fantasy stud is Greg Little. But the lockout needs to end soon.
WORST PICK: I was about to criticize Team Pheltz for drafting Ryan Fitzpatrick as his third quarterback, but I just noticed that the only signal-callers on his roster are Fitzpatrick and Matt Cassel. Ouch.
(1) Team Magney - Bears Defense
(2) Team Bagley - Donovan McNabb QB
(3) WalterFootball.com - Jerricho Cotchery WR
(4) Ckane 138 - Steve Smith WR Giants
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Kyle Orton QB
(6) Team Friedman - Falcons Defense
(7) Team Summerfield - Mike Sims-Walker WR
(8) Team Ragnarok - Ben Tate RB
(9) Team W - Plaxico Burress WR
(10) Team Young - Eagles Defense
(11) Team Pheltz - Cowboys Defense
(12) I like Ballseckz - Patriots Defense
MY PICK: As noted before, I had no time to make this pick. Though I guess Jerricho Cotchery isn't a terrible choice. He'll get about 60 receptions. Plus, he's safe - which is something I can't say about most of the players on my team.
BEST PICK: Steve Smith will probably miss plenty of action, but I think he's a great value pick in the 14th round of a PPR league. Even if he's lost his explosiveness, he'll still get receptions if he manages to stay healthy late in the year.
WORST PICK: I don't see Plaxico Burress doing much this season. Sorry again, Team W.
(1) I like Ballseckz -Sebastian Janikowski K
(2) Team Pheltz - Garrett Hartley K
(3) Team Young - Stephen Gostkowski K
(4) Team W - Raiders Defense
(5) Team Ragnarok - Dustin Keller TE
(6) Team Summerfield - Giants Defense
(7) Team Friedman - David Akers K
(8) Ellijay FalconsFan - Alex Henery K
(9) Ckane 138 - Saints Defense
(10) WalterFootball.com - 49ers Defense
(11) Team Bagley - Mason Crosby K
(12) Team Magney - Derrick Mason WR
MY PICK: I'm playing fantasy defensive matchups. The 49ers battle Charlie Whitehurst and the Seahawks in Week 1.
BEST PICK: Sebastian Janikowski is my No. 1 kicker, so I like Ballseckz was fortunate enough to get him despite the fact that Team Bagley drafted a kicker already.
WORST PICK: David Akers currently doesn't have a team, so there were better kicking options available for Team Friedman.
(1) Team Magney - Josh Brown K
(2) Team Bagley - Rob Bironas K
(3) WalterFootball.com - Dan Carpenter K
(4) Ckane 138 - Billy Cundiff K
(5) Ellijay FalconsFan - Lions Defense
(6) Team Friedman - Cam Newton QB
(7) Team Summerfield - Ryan Longwell K
(8) Team Ragnarok - Adam Vinatieri K
(9) Team W - Robbie Gould K
(10) Team Young - Nate Washington WR
(11) Team Pheltz - Steve Breaston WR
(12) I like Ballseckz - Brett Favre QB
MY PICK: I think I like Ballseckz kept saying, "Someone take Dan Carpenter! Someone please take Dan Carpenter!" I love me some Dan Carpenter, what can I say?
BEST PICK: Team Magney broke my heart a third time. Josh Brown is way too good of a kicker to last until Round 16.
WORST PICK: I like Ballseckz wanted to have the worst pick of this round, so he chose Brett Favre. But you know what? I won't give it to him. Steve Breaston was the worst selection because his knees are shot. Favre, meanwhile, will probably unretire in mid-August. Once that happens, I bet Team Bagley will be furious that he didn't pick him.
QB - Josh Freeman
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Austin Collie
RB/WR - Ryan Mathews
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
DEF - 49ers
K - Dan Carpenter
BN - Deion Branch WR
BN - Tim Tebow QB
BN - Danario Alexander WR
BN - Mark Clayton WR
BN - Jason Snelling RB
BN - Delone Carter RB
BN - Jerricho Cotchery WR
Ik a lot of people are saying the 49ers will take a qb, but there is no way we should take one right there. He will just be unsuccessful. I really like solomon Thomas and i think he would be a great pick.Right now he doesnt seem like the #2 pick but his stock is going to continue to rise. Hopefully we can trade down a few picks and pick him and select a qb in next years loaded class. If we arent able to land thomas i wouldnt mind going mike williams or corey davis
DARRAIN WINSTON (Baker Kansas)? Should look at him. Had 54 tackles 2 TFL 10 INT 21 PBU 2 FF & 2 FR. How are you missing all these players at all these different positions? There's so many players at so many positions that you miss. Only way you seem to notice them is if we point them out.
Pre-Combine and Pro Day mock draft for the 2017 NFL Draft. Since the season isnt done yet there are still plenty of moves to take place before the draft so these selections could change. This years mock draft is the second I have done. Last year I created one, and while it was awesome, alot of teams shook it up early and nearly nobody could have predicted what happened. Im back at it again with a what I would do draft as of now and after the combine and pro days wrap up I will change it to what I think will happen. I hope everyone enjoys this and gets an idea of the prospects many people have their eye on as my draft is based off mostly what I have heard from scouts. Admittedly, as the prospects go, my words of praise for the prospects get a lot less. Enjoy!