2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
| FA Grades
2013 Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2013.
Follow me @walterfootball
2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Steven Jackson, RB, Rams. Age: 30.
Signed with Falcons
Steven Jackson ran like he had plenty left in the tank this past season, averaging 4.1 yards per carry behind a battered offensive line. However, he turns 30 and has 2,385 career attempts under his belt. He could fall off at any moment.
Reggie Bush, RB, Dolphins. Age: 28.
Signed with Lions
Reggie Bush has managed to stay mostly healthy the past two years, which is obviously a good sign. He wasn't utilized enough this past season until the Dolphins finally realized that they should use him as a receiver on occasion. The result was Bush gaining 100-plus yards from scrimmage in three of his final four games.
Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants. Age: 27.
Signed with Colts (1 year)
It seems like Ahmad Bradshaw has been around forever, but he'll be just 27 in March. Bradshaw has averaged at least 4.5 yards per carry in all but one season in his career thus far. He's also terrific on third downs as a receiver and pass-protector. The one negative is his durability; he always seems to be bothered by a foot injury. He's had so many surgeries on his feet that he may not be able to hold up much longer.
Chris Ivory (RFA), RB, Saints. Age: 25.
Tendered by Saints (2nd round)
Chris Ivory is talented enough to start for some teams. He has a 5.1 yards-per-carry average throughout his career. He received the most action back in 2010 when he gained 716 yards on 137 attempts. He's not much of a pass-catcher out of the backfield, however.
Jonathan Dwyer (RFA), RB, Steelers. Age: 24.
Re-signed with Steelers (1 year, $1.3 million)
Jonathan Dwyer has some nice running ability - he averaged four yards per carry behind a beat-up offensive line - but he'll have the occasional mental lapse, whether it's a fumble or a dropped pass.
Leon Washington, KR, Seahawks. Age: 31.
Signed with Patriots
Leon Washington has been one of the top return specialists over the years, but he'll be 31 at the end of August.
Darius Reynaud, KR, Titans. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Titans (1 year)
Darius Reynaud scored three special-teams touchdowns this year - two in one game against the Jaguars.
Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Steelers. Age: 26.
Signed with Cardinals (1 year)
An injury-prone Big Ten plodder with some talent, but not enough to make him very appealing.
Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos. Age: 31.
Willis McGahee has averaged 4.8 and 4.4 yards per carry the past two seasons. However, he's coming off a broken leg and will be 32 in October.
Chris Wells, RB, Cardinals. Age: 25.
One of many Big Ten plodders on the market, Chris Wells is injury-prone and unreliable. He also can't contribute on third downs. He'd be good in a goal-line role only.
Shonn Greene, RB, Jets. Age: 28.
Signed with Titans (3 years, $10 million)
Shonn Greene is just your typical Big Ten plodder. He's just an average starter, but given all of the talent running backs in the NFL at the moment, he should be a backup.
Cedric Benson, RB, Packers. Age: 30.
Slow and sluggish, Cedric Benson averaged 2.9 yards per carry or worse in three of his five starts in 2012. He'll be 31 at the end of the 2013 campaign.
Danny Woodhead, RB, Patriots. Age: 28.
Signed with Chargers
Danny Woodhead is a nifty pass-catching back who thrives in New England's system, but it's safe to say he wouldn't be as heavily utilized elsewhere.
Jalen Parmele, RB, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Signed with Titans
Jalen Parmele didn't look half-bad in two brief stints against the Texans and Titans, rushing for a combined 125 yards on 32 carries. Unfortunately, he tore his groin in the latter contest, so we haven't seen much of him.
Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers. Age: 28.
Tendered by Steelers (original)
Isaac Redman is solid in goal-line and third-down situations, but he should not be carrying the ball on normal downs.
Peyton Hillis, RB, Chiefs. Age: 27.
Remember when Peyton Hillis was winning fantasy leagues and appearing on the cover of Madden? There's still time for him to rehab his career, but things aren't looking too optimistic. Worst-case scenario, he can still become a CIA agent.
Kevin Smith, RB, Lions. Age: 26.
Kevin Smith looked pretty good spelling Jahvid Best last year, so I'm not sure why he barely played this season. He's very injury-prone, but that shouldn't prevent him from seeing the field when healthy.
La'Rod Stephens-Howling, RB/KR, Cardinals. Age: 26.
La'Rod Stephens-Howling is far from a starting running back in the NFL, but he can serve as an OK third-down back while contributing as a return specialist.
Michael Turner, RB, Falcons. Age: 31.
Michael Turner is still capable of being a functional No. 2 goal-line back, but his days of being a starter are finished. He's lost all explosion.
- Mike Goodson, RB, Raiders. Age: 26. -- Signed with Jets (3 years, $6.9 million)
- Felix Jones, RB, Cowboys. Age: 26. -- Signed with Eagles
- Cedric Peerman (RFA), RB, Bengals. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Bengals
- LeGarrette Blount (RFA), RB, Buccaneers. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Buccaneers (1 year, $1.75 million)
- Justin Forsett, RB, Texans. Age: 27. -- Signed with Jaguars
- Rashad Jennings, RB, Jaguars. Age: 28. -- Signed with Raiders
- Ryan Grant, RB, Packers. Age: 30.
- Ronnie Brown, RB, Chargers. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Chargers
- Javon Ringer, RB, Titans. Age: 26.
- Chis Ogbonnaya (RFA), RB, Browns. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Browns (2 years)
- Tashard Choice, RB, Bills. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Bills
- Lance Ball (RFA), RB, Broncos. Age: 28. -- Tendered by Broncos
- Bernard Scott, RB, Bengals. Age: 29. -- Re-signed with Bengals
- D.J. Ware, RB, Buccaneers. Age: 28.
- Mewelde Moore, RB, Colts. Age: 31.
- Kahlil Bell, RB, Bears. Age: 26.
- Curtis Brinkley (RFA), RB, Chargers. Age: 27.
- Brandon Jackson, RB, Browns. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Browns
- Ryan Torain, RB, Giants. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Giants
- Jackie Battle, RB, Chargers. Age: 29.
- Antone Smith (RFA), RB, Falcons. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Falcons (2 years)
- Stefan Logan, RB/KR, Lions. Age: 32.
| FA Grades
NFL Picks - Nov. 29
2016 NFL Mock Draft - Nov. 26
Fantasy Football Rankings - Sept. 10
2016 NBA Mock Draft - Aug. 25
2017 NFL Mock Draft - July 29
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
NFL Free Agents