2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
| FA Grades
2013 Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2013.
Follow me @walterfootball
2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Jake Long, OT, Dolphins. Age: 28.
Signed with Rams
Jake Long has regressed just a bit over the past couple of years because of nagging injuries, but he's still considered one of the better left tackles in football.
Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Patriots. Age: 29.
Re-signed with Patriots (4 years)
Sebastian Vollmer is arguably the top right tackle in football - but not when he has to go up against Cameron Wake.
Andre Smith, OT, Bengals. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Bengals
Andre Smith has developed into one of the league's premier right tackles. He was a dominant run-blocker and also excelled in pass protection. There's still some concern that he could get lazy with a big contract, but he deserves the money based on how he's played.
Ryan Clady, OT, Broncos. Age: 26.
Franchised by Broncos
Ryan Clady is not a very good run-blocker, but he surrendered just one sack in 2012. Of course, part of that is Peyton Manning releasing the ball quickly, but Clady was still very sound in protection.
Will Beatty, OT, Giants. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Giants (5 years, $38.75 million)
Will Beatty was heavily penalized in 2012, but otherwise served as an outstanding left tackle for Eli Manning.
Phil Loadholt, OT, Vikings. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Vikings
Phil Loadholt was one of the most penalized linemen in the NFL this past season (11 penalties), but he made up for it with his powerful run-blocking and sound pass protection.
Sam Baker, OT, Falcons. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Falcons
Sam Baker was deemed a bust prior to this season because of years of underachieving, but he actually played well in 2012. The difference was that he was finally over his back problems. Remember though that those things tend to linger and resurface.
Tyson Clabo, OT, Falcons. Age: 31.
Signed with Dolphins
Tyson Clabo was Atlanta's top lineman last year, so even though he was due $4.5 million over the next three seasons, his release was a surprise. I do not have him rated highly, however, because he'll be 32 in October. He could begin to regress quite soon.
Branden Albert, OT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
Franchised by Chiefs
Branden Albert's a solid left tackle when he's in the lineup - he surrendered just one sack in 11 starts this year - but his issue is that he suffers from chronic back spasms. He can't be counted on to play 16 games.
Eric Winston, OT, Chiefs. Age: 29.
Eric Winston's release is a strange one. He had a high number of penalties this past season, but played pretty well otherwise. He's a good zone-blocking lineman. Reuniting with the Texans and/or Matt Cassel makes the most sense.
Bryant McKinnie, OT, Ravens. Age: 33.
Re-signed with Ravens (2 years)
Bryant McKinnie can still be a quality left tackle if he keeps his weight under control, but that's been a big issue for him. He was awesome during Baltimore's Super Bowl run, but can he maintain his motivation?
Sean Locklear, OT, Giants. Age: 32.
Sean Locklear was a major upgrade over David Diehl at right tackle. He pass protected well, but didn't open up any running lanes. Unfortunately, he's a 32-year-old coming off knee surgery.
Gosder Cherilus, OT, Lions. Age: 29.
Signed with Colts
One of Matt Millen's busts, Gosder Cherilus is actually coming off one of his better seasons, though that still involved approaching double-digit penalties. Cherilus was OK as a blocker.
Barry Richardson, OT, Rams. Age: 27.
Signed with Titans
Kansas City fans remember Barry Richardson as an inept right tackle, but he actually improved with the Rams. I still wouldn't be comfortable with him as my starter, but he at least established himself as a top-notch backup and quality spot-starter.
Jermon Bushrod, OT, Saints. Age: 29.
Signed with Bears
Jermon Bushrod run blocks well, but he can't pass protect at all. He surrendered four sacks in 2012, but that number would've been much higher if Drew Brees didn't release the ball so quickly.
Jared Gaither, OT, Chargers. Age: 27.
Jared Gaither is one of the most talented tackles in the NFL. Unfortunately, he's very injury-prone and lazy. A team with a strong locker room and coaching staff should consider signing him to a 1-year deal.
Jammal Brown, OT, Redskins. Age: 32.
Jammal Brown missed all of 2012 with a hip injury. He's always been injury-prone, and at 32 (in March), he can't be counted on as a starter anymore.
Winston Justice, OT, Colts. Age: 28.
Winston Justice surprisingly was a decent blocker for the Colts at times this past season, but he was constantly in and out of the lineup because of various injuries.
Demetress Bell, OT, Eagles. Age: 29.
Demetress Bell struggled in Howard Mudd's system, so maybe he can rebound elsewhere. Still, he's a big injury risk, as he's endured knee problems throughout his career.
- Ramon Harewood (RFA), OT/G, Ravens. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Ravens
- Austin Howard (RFA), OT, Jets. Age: 26. -- Tendered by Jets (2nd round)
- Jason Smith, OT, Jets. Age: 27. -- Signed with Saints
- King Dunlap, OT, Eagles. Age: 27. -- Signed with Chargers
- Will Svitek, OT, Falcons. Age: 31. -- Signed with Patriots
- Max Starks, OT, Steelers. Age: 31. -- Signed with Chargers
- Jeremy Trueblood, OT, Buccaneers. Age: 30. -- Signed with Redskins
- Khalif Barnes, OT, Raiders. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Raiders
- Tyler Polumbus, OT, Redskins. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Redskins
- Rashad Butler, OT, Texans. Age: 30. -- Signed with Browns
- Frank Omiyale, OT, Seahawks. Age: 30.
- Ryan Harris, OT, Texans. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Texans (1 year)
- Colin Brown (RFA), OT, Bills. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Bills (2 years)
- Guy Whimper, OT, Jaguars. Age: 30. -- Signed with Steelers
- Wayne Hunter, OT, Rams. Age: 32.
- Jonathan Scott, OT, Bears. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Bears
- Dennis Roland, OT, Bengals. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Bengals
- D'Anthony Batiste, OT, Cardinals. Age: 31.
- Jordan Black, OT, Redskins. Age: 33.
- Jason Fox (RFA), OT, Lions. Age: 25. -- Tendered by Lions (original)
- Pat McQuistan, OT, Cardinals. Age: 30.
- Corey Hilliard, OT, Lions. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Lions (2 years)
- Andrew Gardner (RFA), OT, Texans. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Texans
- William Robinson, OT, Saints. Age: 28.
- Patrick Brown (RFA), OT, Dolphins. Age: 26.
- Chris Clark (RFA), OT, Broncos. Age: 27. -- Tendered by Broncos
| FA Grades
Fantasy Football Rankings - Aug. 3
2017 NFL Mock Draft - July 29
2016 NFL Mock Draft - July 28
2016 NBA Mock Draft - June 29
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
2015 NFL Mock Draft - April 30
NFL Picks - Feb. 1
NFL Free Agents