New England Patriots (15-3) - Previously: #2 - Three random things:
1. Who the hell did Shannon Sharpe pick in the Patriots-Ravens game? I was watching CBS prior to kickoff, and each analyst offered their selection, as usual. When it was Sharpe's turn, he said:
uewghw bov 8ew akbfuobknboriskl sdkjbei ho ebei Jacksonville regherg o lnvo dsu ou HVuh iurbhn BREOOW Jaguars wroighrwiog rwoier wg elr ebhtbi nel.
Am I nuts, or did he pick the Jaguars to win that game?
2. Speaking of CBS' pre-game show, I couldn't believe they had James Brown talk to the e-Trade baby. What sellouts. It's amazing what these networks will do for money so their CEOs can buy that eighth mansion or 15th yacht that they need so desperately.
I have an account with e-Trade, and I'm really considering transferring my funds to another online broker because of that bit. That was disgusting.
3. On a lighter note, I got this text from Awesome Kelly in Arizona on Thursday night:
I am confident the Ravens will win Sunday. They saved themselves for that game. I even bet a Pats fan a night of drinking and didn't take the points because points are for sissies. Quote me on that.
Why do I get the feeling that Awesome Kelly in Arizona will be vandalizing Billy Cundiff's house sometime in the near future?
San Francisco 49ers (14-4) - Previously: #5 - Poor Kyle Williams. I hope Niner fans aren't too harsh on him because he was just filling in for someone. It'd be like blaming a substitute teacher for the class failing a state-wide exam. That would be silly - even if the substitute teacher spilled coffee on the Scantrons, or something.
Anyway, let's go to Notes from NFL.com GameCenter - a list of a few stupid comments I read on NFL.com's GameCenter and my thoughts on them:
1. "bardy is my cusin.... no joke.... he teachd me hwo ta trow da ball.....LOLZ JUS KIDDDDDDDDINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! LOLZ!"
Wow, and here I thought this guy was serious about having a cousin named Bardy.
2. "spekin of fake fans we all know hawkballz is really a 49er fan. duanebrew 2 b exact. oh an who uses the word puddlez? is that supposed to b sly? u jus sound like a ho mer amigo. thats all"
This is true. Anyone who has used the word "puddlez" throughout the course of history has been sly. Don't believe me? Richard Nixon used the word "puddlez" five times during Watergate. Fact.
3. "patriot fans are all white new englanders. their inherrited $ fuels their greed which makes them do evil things like racism. (trust me i lived in new hampshire for 2 years) which actually makes THEM and their fans DUMB AS ROCKS. I hope to see the Giants repeat against brady-bunch. btw i also lived in pittsburgh pa and it is WAY better then new england (people in new hampshire used to ask me what black people are like and stuff they ARE racist.)"
I disagree with only one point. Racism is not evil. Racism makes rich people feel better about themselves, so therefore racism is a good thing.
Baltimore Ravens (13-5) - Previously: #6 - When Billy Cunwhiffed from 32 yards, I immediately went to his Wikipedia page. I was expecting some epic changes to his page, given that people wrote the following on Nate Kaeding's wiki a couple of years ago:
Nate Kaeding has been labled the biggest Pedophile, choke artist, catamite, p***s licking p***y in the history of football.
Kaeding has also been known to wear womens lingerie before important games to help him focus on missing critical chip shots. Nate Kaeding is also Norv Turner's lifemate.
There wasn't anything that legendary, but the following four changes were made:
4. Billy losses afc championship for ravens, wide left. This proves he freaking sucks. Pats to the Superbowl!
3. On January 22, 2012, Cundiff missed a relatively easy 35-yard field goal against the New England Patriots, causing his team to lose the game and an opportunity at the Superb Owl.
2. Ray Finkle (born March 30, 1980 in Valley Center, California) is an American football placekicker for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League.
1. On January 22, 2012, Cundiff missed a 35-yard field goal against the New England Patriots, which sealed a Super Bowl XLVI berth for the Patriots.What an a**hole
Run Defenses, Pass Defense, Pass Protection:
Something new this year - I'm keeping track of precise run defense, pass defense and pass protection rankings in Excel. The benefit to this is that it'll be broken down by week. Here are the download links:
Come on Walt. You have the Vikings drafting for need. They did a fairly good job if FA filling needs. I could see the RB in the second because thats value. The only needs they have are at dt and safety. I hope they pick highest rated player.