2012 NFL Free Agent Positions:
| FA Grades
| FA Mock
2012 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2012.
Follow me @walterfootball
2012 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Mike Wallace (RFA), WR, Steelers. Age: 26.
Tendered by Steelers (1st)
Mike Wallace is one of the top deep threats in football. The Steelers won't let him get away.
Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs. Age: 27.
Franchised by Chiefs
Dwayne Bowe is a dynamic talent and one of the better receivers in the NFL. His production is remarkable considering the mediocre quarterbacks he's worked with throughout his professional career.
Vincent Jackson, WR, Chargers, Chargers. Age: 29.
Signed with Buccaneers (5 years, $55 million; $36 million guaranteed)
Vincent Jackson amazingly has never caught more than 68 passes in a single season, but with his size (6-5, 230) and downfield ability, he's one of the top physical talents at the wide receiver position in the NFL.
Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 31.
Franchised by Patriots
The top slot receiver in the NFL, Wes Welker is due for a big contract. He still has a few great years left.
Steve Johnson, WR, Bills. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Bills (5 years, $36.25 million; $19.5 million guaranteed)
If Steve Johnson were as strong mentally as he is physically, he would be one of the top receivers in the NFL. Unfortunately, he has way too many drops in key moments and acts like a clown on the field.
Brandon Lloyd, WR, Rams. Age: 31.
Signed with Patriots
A legitimate No. 1 receiver, Brandon Lloyd has announced that he'll follow Josh McDaniels wherever he goes. That's a smart football decision, as Lloyd has thrived under McDaniels the past two seasons.
Marques Colston, WR, Saints. Age: 29.
Re-signed with Saints (5 years)
Marques Colston's numbers are awesome, but there are two issues here. First, is he just a product of New Orleans' system? And second, if he's willing to take more money to play for a bad team, that'll speak volumes about his priorities. Just ask the Seahawks how they feel about Sidney Rice.
DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles. Age: 25.
Re-signed with Eagles (5 years, $51 million)
DeSean Jackson was pretty overrated until he started dropping passes and running half-hearted routes in the middle of the season. The threat of Jackson burning teams deep still has an impact on the game, but if lazy coaches would realize that the quick wideout has been pretty mediocre since suffering a second concussion against the Texans last year, they wouldn't respect him as much.
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts. Age: 33.
Re-signed with Colts (3 years, $17.5 million)
Reggie Wayne turns 34 in November. He might still be able to get it done as a No. 2 receiver somewhere next year - perhaps wherever Peyton Manning lands. I'm sure both the Redskins and Jets would be happy with the pair.
Mario Manningham, WR, Giants. Age: 26.
Signed with 49ers (2 years)
Mario Manningham is a talented, young receiver who caught 60 balls for 944 yards in 2010. His stats were down this past season because of a nagging knee injury.
Pierre Garcon, WR, Colts. Age: 26.
Signed with Redskins
Pierre Garcon is fast, but is also unreliable because he drops too many passes. Still, he had some big games with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky at quarterback, so teams know he's not just a product of the system.
Laurent Robinson, WR, Cowboys. Age: 27.
Signed with Jaguars (5 years, $32.5 million)
Laurent Robinson was finally able to stay healthy, and he consequently had the best year of his career, catching 54 balls for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns. He was a key contributor when Miles Austin-Jones went down, so Jerry Jones will make a strong effort to re-sign him. Robinson is injury-prone though, so Jerry better not go crazy.
Robert Meachem, WR, Saints. Age: 27.
Signed with Chargers (4 years, $25.9 million)
It's frustrating, but Robert Meachem has never lived up to his potential. He has talent, but it appears as though he's destined to be a mediocre wideout for his entire career.
Braylon Edwards, WR, 49ers. Age: 29.
Signed with Seahawks
Braylon Edwards sucked this past year because he was battling injuries. He can be a starter again if he can get healthy.
Danny Amendola (RFA), WR, Rams. Age: 26.
Tendered by Rams (2nd)
Sam Bradford's favorite receiver, Danny Amendola missed most of 2011 because of torn triceps. He'll bounce back as a solid slot receiver next year.
Ted Ginn, WR/KR, 49ers. Age: 27.
Re-signed with 49ers (1 year)
Ted Ginn stinks as a receiver, but he's one of the top return specialists in the NFL.
Eric Weems, WR/KR, Falcons. Age: 27.
Signed with Bears (3 years)
Eric Weems scored two special-teams touchdowns in 2010, but couldn't find the end zone this past season. However, he was still effective on returns, maintaining solid averages in both punt and kick returns.
Deion Branch, WR, Patriots. Age: 33.
Re-signed with Patriots (1 year)
Deion Branch is worth much more to the Patriots than he is to anyone else. He knows the system, and Tom Brady loves throwing to him.
Josh Morgan, WR, 49ers. Age: 27.
Signed with Redskins (5 years, $12 million; $7.5 million guaranteed)
Josh Morgan looked like he was on his way to having a solid year, catching 15 balls for 220 yards in five games, but he went on injured reserve with a broken leg.
Jerome Simpson, WR, Bengals. Age: 26.
Signed with Vikings (1 year)
Jerome Simpson had that acrobatic touchdown in Week 16, but was otherwise really inconsistent. He's still young though, and the talent is unquestionably there. Unfortunately, his alleged drug connections downgrade him.
Eddie Royal, WR/PR, Broncos. Age: 26.
Signed with Chargers (3 years)
Eddie Royal has inexplicably completely regressed as a receiver, but he's a pretty dynamic punt-returner.
Jacoby Jones, WR/KR, Texans. Age: 28.
Signed with Ravens (2 years, $7 million)
Jacoby Jones has never lived up to expectations as a receiver, but he's an effective return specialist. He took a punt back for a touchdown in 2011.
Plaxico Burress, WR, Jets. Age: 35.
All Plaxico Burress does is catch touchdown passes. That's all he can do at this point of his career, anyway.
- Harry Douglas, WR, Falcons. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Falcons
- Jerricho Cotchery, WR, Steelers. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Steelers (2 years)
- Early Doucet, WR, Cardinals. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Cardinals (2 years)
- Lavelle Hawkins, WR, Titans. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Titans (3 years)
- Lee Evans, WR, Ravens. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Jaguars (1 year)
- Jabar Gaffney, WR, Redskins. Age: 31. -- Signed with Patriots (2 years)
- Legedu Naanee, WR, Panthers. Age: 28. -- Signed with Dolphins (1 year)
- Donte' Stallworth, WR, Redskins. Age: 31. -- Signed with Patriots
- Matt Slater, WR/S, Patriots. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Patriots
- Kevin Ogletree, WR, Cowboys. Age: 25. -- Re-signed with Cowboys (1 year)
- Donnie Avery, WR, Titans. Age: 28. -- Signed with Colts
- Adrian Arrington, WR, Saints. Age: 26.
- Andre Caldwell, WR, Bengals. Age: 27. -- Signed with Broncos
- Devin Aromashodu, WR, Vikings. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Vikings
- Mark Clayton, WR, Rams. Age: 30.
- Derek Hagan, WR, Bills. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Bills
- Michael Spurlock, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 29. -- Signed with Chargers
- Patrick Crayton, WR, Chargers. Age: 33.
- Chaz Schilens, WR, Raiders. Age: 26. -- Signed with Jets
- Roy Williams, WR, Bears. Age: 30.
- Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Patriots. Age: 27.
- Steve Smith, WR, Eagles. Age: 27. -- Signed with Rams
- Mike Williams, WR, Seahawks. Age: 28.
- Chad Johnson, WR, Dolphins. Age: 34.
- Hines Ward, WR, Steelers. Age: 36. -- Announced retirement
- Brandon Stokley, WR, None. Age: 36. -- Signed with Broncos
- Matt Willis (RFA), WR, Broncos. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Broncos (1 year, $1.26 million)
- Patrick Turner, WR, Jets. Age: 25. -- Re-signed with Jets
- Bryant Johnson, WR, Texans. Age: 31. -- Re-signed with Texans
- Roscoe Parrish, WR, Bills. Age: 30. -- Signed with Chargers
- Devin Thomas, WR, Bears. Age: 25. -- Announced retirement
- Greg Camarillo, WR, Vikings. Age: 30.
- Domenik Hixon, WR/KR, Giants. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Giants
- Jerheme Urban, WR, Chiefs. Age: 31.
- Ruvell Martin, WR, Bills. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Bills
- Michael Clayton, WR, Giants. Age: 29.
- Maurice Stovall, WR, Lions. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Lions
- Courtney Roby, WR/KR, Saints. Age: 29. -- Re-signed with Saints
- Chansi Stuckey, WR, Cardinals. Age: 28.
- Kassim Osgood, WR, Jaguars. Age: 32.
- Rashied Davis, WR, Lions. Age: 33. -- Signed with Bears
- Brett Swain, WR, 49ers. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with 49ers
- Arnaz Battle, WR, Steelers. Age: 32.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Raiders. Age: 34.
- Terrell Owens, WR, Bengals. Age: 38. -- Signed with Seahawks
Randy Moss, WR, Titans. Age: 35.
Signed with 49ers (1 year)
Here's the list of teams interested in Randy Moss:
Matt Millen's Kielbasa Killers Fantasy Team
Moss is done. He couldn't separate from corners in 2010. He couldn't even get on the field for the Titans. He's a horrible guy to have in the locker room because he's a quitter. No general manager in his right mind will want to sign this bum.
| FA Grades
| FA Mock
Fantasy Football Rankings - Aug. 28
2016 NBA Mock Draft - Aug. 25
2017 NFL Mock Draft - July 29
2016 NFL Mock Draft - July 28
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
NFL Picks - Feb. 1
NFL Free Agents