2011 NFL Free Agent Positions:
2011 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2011.
2011 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Santonio Holmes, WR, Jets. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Jets (5 years, $50 million; $24 million guaranteed)
Receivers who switch teams tend to struggle, so it's amazing that Santonio Holmes was able to catch 52 balls for 746 yards and six touchdowns in only 11 games. Holmes has a knack for making big catches in important games, so if the Jets have to choose between him and Braylon Edwards, it's really no contest.
Vincent Jackson, WR, Chargers. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Chargers (1 year, $11.9 million)
Vincent Jackson amazingly has never caught more than 68 passes in a single season, but with his size (6-5, 230) and downfield ability, he's one of the top physical talents at the wide receiver position in the NFL.
Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings. Age: 25.
Signed with Seahawks (5 years)
Sidney Rice is one of the league's top young receivers. He caught 83 balls for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns in 2009. He's only had one great year, hence just the four stars.
Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 28.
Signed with 49ers (1 year, $3.5 million)
Braylon Edwards has been pretty good with drops this year, but will that remain the case once he signs a big contract?
Brad Smith, KR/CatQB, Jets. Age: 27.
Signed with Bills (4 years, $15 million)
Listed at four stars for his return ability, Brad Smith took two kickoffs to the house in 2010. He also averaged 7.9 yards per carry out of the Wildcat position.
Eric Weems, KR, Falcons. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Falcons
Listed at four stars for his special teams ability only, Eric Weems qualified for the Pro Bowl, thanks to a punt and a kickoff return for touchdowns. Weems averaged 27.5 yards on his kickoffs and 12.8 yards per punt return.
Steve Smith, WR, Giants. Age: 26.
Signed with Eagles (1 year, $4 million; $2 million guaranteed)
Steve Smith is an outstanding possession receiver; he caught 107 balls for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns in 2009. Unfortunately, he suffered a nasty knee injury in December and may not be ready for the start of the 2011 season.
Malcom Floyd, WR, Chargers. Age: 29.
Re-signed with Chargers (2 years, $5 million)
Malcom Floyd caught 37 balls for 717 yards and six touchdowns in 2010, giving him an amazing 19.4 yards-per-catch average. However, he battled through injuries in the second half of the year and consequently did nothing when Vincent Jackson returned to the lineup.
Lance Moore, WR, Saints. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Saints (5 years)
A terrific slot receiver, Lance Moore bounced back from an injury-plagued 2009 campaign to catch 66 balls for 763 yards and eight touchdowns this season.
James Jones, WR, Packers. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Packers (3 years)
James Jones has enormous talent and potential. Will he ever put it together to become a reliable starter?
Mike Sims-Walker, WR, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Signed with Rams (1 year)
Mike Sims-Walker had a very good year in 2009 (63 catches, 869 yards, 7 TDs), but struggled with various leg injuries the past two seasons. He's a quality No. 2 wideout if he can stay healthy. That's a big if, however.
Santana Moss, WR, Redskins. Age: 32.
Re-signed with Redskins (3 years, $15 million; $6 million guaranteed)
Santana Moss caught 93 balls for 1,115 yards and six touchdowns last year. However, he'll be 32 in June - an age which usually marks the rapid decline of speedy receivers.
Jacoby Jones, WR, Texans. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Texans (3 years, $10.5 million; $3 million guaranteed)
Jacoby Jones has been inconsistent throughout his career, but caught 22 balls for 287 yards and a touchdown in the team's final four games. Perhaps a sign of things to come?
Danny Amendola (RFA), WR, Rams. Age: 25.
Tendered by Rams
Danny Amendola caught 85 balls for 689 yards and three touchdowns this season, establishing himself as a quality slot receiver.
Roy Williams, WR, Cowboys. Age: 29.
Signed with Bears (2 years)
Roy Williams was a major disappointment in Dallas, as he never came close to matching his 82-catch, 1,310-yard 2006 campaign. Someone will take a shot on him based on his potential, but I wouldn't take that chance.
Derrick Mason, WR, Ravens. Age: 37.
Signed with Jets (1 year)
Despite his age, Derrick Mason is a solid No. 2 possession wideout, serving as Joe Flacco's favorite receiver. It'll be surprising if the Ravens don't bring Mason back at a cheaper price - though there's always the possibility that Mason retires, which is something he's been threatening to do for quite some time.
Plaxico Burress, WR, Giants. Age: 34.
Signed with Jets (1 year, $3 million)
Plaxico Burress has been out of football for two years, and he was slowing down even before he went to prison.
Terrell Owens, WR, Bengals. Age: 37.
Terrell Owens proved that he still has it, catching 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns in 2010. However, he's such a headache that the Bengals don't even want him anymore. At this point, it's hard to imagine anyone signing Owens.
Jerricho Cotchery, WR, Jets. Age: 29.
Signed with Steelers (1 year)
Jerricho Cotchery is a very good slot receiver when healthy. The problem is that he's coming off back surgery. He's reportedly healthy, but back injuries tend to linger and re-surface. Cotchery is a risk.
Steve Breaston, WR, Cardinals. Age: 28.
Signed with Chiefs (5 years)
Steve Breaston's yardage totals the past three years: 1,006, 712 and 718. Unfortunately, he just can't stay healthy.
Mark Clayton, WR, Rams. Age: 29.
A complete bust in Baltimore, Mark Clayton had an instant rapport with Sam Bradford, catching 22 balls for 300 yards and two touchdowns in four games before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
Legedu Naanee, WR, Chargers. Age: 27.
Signed with Panthers
Legedu Naanee is a talented receiver, but didn't play much this season because of various injuries.
Michael Spurlock, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 28.
Michael Spurlock averaged 25.7 yards per kick return in 2010, scoring one touchdown in the process.
Randy Moss, WR, Titans. Age: 34.
Randy Moss is done. Unlike Terrell Owens, he has not worked unbelievably hard to keep his body in shape. There's no reason any NFL team should be interested.
- Early Doucet (RFA), WR, Cardinals. Age: 25.
- Michael Jenkins, WR, Falcons. Age: 29. -- Signed with Vikings (3 years)
- Jaymar Johnson, WR, Vikings. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Vikings (1 year, $405,000)
- Laurent Robinson (RFA), WR, Rams. Age: 26. -- Signed with Chargers
- Jason Hill, WR, Jaguars. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Jaguars (2 years)
- Courtney Roby, WR/KR, Saints. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Saints
- Domenik Hixon, WR/KR, Giants. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Giants (1 year)
- Devin Aromashodu (RFA), WR, Bears. Age: 27. -- Signed with Vikings (1 year)
- Adrian Arrington (ERFA), WR, Saints. Age: 25.
- Terrence Toliver, WR, LSU. Age: N/A. -- Signed with Texans
- Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina. Age: 23. -- Signed with Packers
- Derek Hagan, WR, Giants. Age: 26. -- Signed with Raiders
- Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon. Age: 22. -- Signed with Texans
- Darvin Adams, WR, Auburn. Age: 21. -- Signed with Panthers
- Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State. Age: 22. -- Signed with Bears
- Armon Binns, WR, Cincinnati. Age: 21. -- Signed with Jaguars
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Ravens. Age: 33.
- Antwaan Randle El, WR/KR, Steelers. Age: 32.
- Bryant Johnson, WR, Lions. Age: 30.
- Rashied Davis, WR, Bears. Age: 32. -- Signed with Lions (1 year)
- Brian Finneran, WR, Falcons. Age: 35.
- David Clowney, WR, Panthers. Age: 26.
- Sam Hurd, WR, Cowboys. Age: 26. -- Signed with Bears
- Chris Chambers, WR, Chiefs. Age: 33.
- Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, Raiders. Age: 27. -- Signed with Eagles (1 year)
- Ruvell Martin, WR, Seahawks. Age: 29.
- Chansi Stuckey, WR, Browns. Age: 27. -- Signed with Cardinals (2 years, $3.5 million)
- Greg Lewis, WR, Vikings. Age: 31.
- David Anderson, WR, Texans. Age: 28. -- Signed with Broncos
- Andre' Davis, WR, Texans. Age: 32.
- Quan Cosby (ERFA), WR/PR, Bengals. Age: 28.
- Maurice Stovall, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 26. -- Signed with Lions
- Terrance Copper, WR, Chiefs. Age: 29. -- Signed with Chiefs (3 years)
- Craig Davis, WR, Chargers. Age: 25. -- Signed with Bills
- Roydell Williams, WR, Redskins. Age: 30.
- Hank Baskett, WR, Vikings. Age: 28.
- Brian Clark, WR, Lions. Age: 27.
- Darius Reynaud (RFA), WR, Giants. Age: 24. -- Re-signed with Giants
NFL Picks - Oct. 10
2016 NFL Mock Draft - Oct. 10
Fantasy Football Rankings - Sept. 10
2016 NBA Mock Draft - Aug. 25
2017 NFL Mock Draft - July 29
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
NFL Free Agents