2011 NFL Free Agent Positions:
2011 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2011.
2011 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Eric Weddle, S, Chargers. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Chargers
Eric Weddle is due for a massive contract. Excluding Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu, Weddle might be the best safety in the NFL (though Nick Collins may have something to say about that).
Dawan Landry, SS, Ravens. Age: 28.
Signed with Jaguars
Already a terrific run-support safety, Dawan Landry improved his coverage skills this past season.
Danieal Manning, SS, Bears. Age: 29.
Signed with Texans (4 years, $20 million; $9 million guaranteed)
In addition to being a solid strong safety, Danieal Manning averaged 24.7 yards on his kickoff returns this year.
O.J. Atogwe, FS, Rams. Age: 30.
Signed with Redskins (5 years, $26 million)
Despite being 30 years old, O.J. Atogwe is still one of the better free safeties in the NFL. He's solid in coverage and excels as a blitzer.
Quintin Mikell, SS, Eagles. Age: 30.
Signed with Rams (4 years, $28 million)
A Pro Bowler who excels both in both run support and pass coverage, Quintin Mikell will be offered a big contract this offseason.
Michael Huff, S, Raiders. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Raiders
Michael Huff was torched in the opener against Tennessee, but bounced back to have an incredible season.
Gerald Sensabaugh, SS, Cowboys. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Cowboys (1 year, $2.5 million)
Gerald Sensabaugh was Dallas' best defensive back in 2010. That's not saying much, of course, but Sensabaugh's a pretty solid player.
Bob Sanders, SS, Colts. Age: 30.
Signed with Chargers (1 year)
Despite being 30 years old and coming off multiple injuries, Bob Sanders is a 4-star talent. The problem is that he has 1-star durability. I just averaged the two together to get 2.5 stars. Sanders is a huge risk, but he's worth taking a chance on at the right price.
Donte Whitner, SS, Bills. Age: 26.
Signed with 49ers (3 years, $11.75 million)
Donte Whitner plays well against the run, but tends to struggle in coverage - though he did improve slightly in that department as the 2010 season progressed.
Dashon Goldson, FS, 49ers. Age: 26.
Re-signed with 49ers (1 year)
Dashon Goldson really struggled at times in 2010, but that might be because he played through so many injuries. Coming off a down year, Goldson could be a bargain in free agency.
George Wilson, S, Bills. Age: 30.
Re-signed with Bills (3 years)
George Wilson had the misfortune of playing behind Jairus Byrd this year. Wilson is a talented safety who could start for numerous teams. He needs to get out of Buffalo.
Roman Harper, SS, Saints. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Saints (4 years, $28.5 million)
This may seem like too many stars for a guy who was torched in a playoff loss, but Roman Harper was playing out of position with Malcolm Jenkins injured. Harper had a solid season otherwise (except for the instance when Sam Bradford chased him down following a turnover.)
Brodney Pool, S, Jets. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Jets
Brodney Pool has a dubious history of concussions, but he has proven to be a solid player for the Jets at both safety positions this season.
Atari Bigby, SS, Packers. Age: 29.
Signed with Seahawks
Atari Bigby is an above-average safety who always seems to be hurt.
Melvin Bullitt, SS, Colts. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Colts (multi-year)
The Colts lost Melvin Bullitt to a season-ending shoulder injury in early October. He's a marginal strong safety.
Tom Zbikowski, S, Ravens. Age: 26.
Tom Zbikowski did a decent job filling in for Ed Reed before suffering an injury of his own (back).
Bernard Pollard, SS, Texans. Age: 26.
Signed with Ravens (2 years)
Bernard Pollard is a tremendous run-stuffer, but really struggles in coverage at times.
Abram Elam, SS, Browns. Age: 29.
Signed with Cowboys (1 year)
Abram Elam had his moments - particularly against Jacksonville - but struggled at times this past season, mainly in run support.
Husain Abdullah (RFA), S, Vikings. Age: 26.
Tendered by Vikings
Husain Abdullah did an OK job at strong safety this season. He's still a liability in coverage, however.
Courtney Greene (ERFA), SS, Jaguars. Age: 24.
Courtney Greene plays the run well as an in-the-box strong safety, but really struggles in coverage.
DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson. Age: 23.
Signed with Saints
DeAndre McDaniel would have been drafted if it weren't for character concerns.
Paul Oliver, SS, Chargers. Age: 27.
Signed with Saints
Paul Oliver performed very well while filling in for Steve Gregory at strong safety this season.
Madieu Williams, S, Vikings. Age: 29.
Signed with 49ers (1 year)
Madieu Williams is a liability in coverage. He's experienced and could provide solid depth at defensive back, but he can't be a starter anymore.
Renaldo Hill, S, Broncos. Age: 32.
Renaldo Hill is still solid in run support, but at 32, he's a liability in coverage.
Roy Williams, SS, Bengals. Age: 31.
Roy Williams is more valuable to the Bengals than he would be to anyone else; he's a good fit in Mike Zimmer's defense.
Corey Lynch (RFA), FS, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
Despite being the team's third-string free safety, Corey Lynch did an admirable job filling in for Tanard Jackson and Cody Grimm at the end of the year.
- Charlie Peprah, SS, Packers. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Packers (2 years, $2.3 million)
- Chinedum Ndukwe, S, Bengals. Age: 26.
- Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina. Age: 23.
- Eric Smith, SS, Jets. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Jets (3 years)
- Jordan "Big Drop Babs" Babineaux, S, Seahawks. Age: 29. -- Signed with Titans (1 year)
- Darren Sharper, FS, Saints. Age: 35.
- Reed Doughty, S, Redskins. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Redskins
- Alan Ball (RFA), FS, Cowboys. Age: 26. -- Tendered by Cowboys (no compensation)
- Haruki "Hiro" Nakamura, S, Ravens. Age: 25.
- Jarrad Page, S, Patriots. Age: 26. -- Signed with Eagles
- Erik Coleman, SS, Falcons. Age: 29. -- Signed with Lions (1 year)
- Joe Lefeged, SS, Rutgers. Age: 23. -- Signed with Colts
- Jerrard Tarrant, FS, Georgia Tech. Age: 22.
- Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State. Age: N/A. -- Signed with Seahawks
- Eugene Wilson, FS, Texans. Age: 31.
- Brandon McGowan, S, Patriots. Age: 27.
- Usama Young, FS, Saints. Age: 26. -- Signed with Browns
- Ryan Mundy, S, Steelers. Age: 26.
- Sean Considine, SS, Jaguars. Age: 28. -- Signed with Panthers (1 year)
- Deon Grant, SS, Giants. Age: 32. -- Re-signed with Giants
- Aaron Francisco, S, Colts. Age: 28.
- Marcus Hudson, S, Panthers. Age: 28.
- Josh Bullocks, FS, Bears. Age: 28. -- Signed with Raiders
- James Ihedigbo, S, Jets. Age: 27. -- Tendered by Jets (no compensation)
- C.C. Brown, S, Lions. Age: 28.
- Tyrell Johnson, S, Vikings. Age: 26.
- Josh Barrett (RFA), SS, Patriots. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Patriots (2 years, $1.75 million)
- Eric Frampton, S, Vikings. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Vikings
- Hiram Eugene, S, Raiders. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Raiders (4 years, $10.25 million)
- Tyron Brackenridge, S, Jaguars. Age: 27.
- Michael Johnson, S, Giants. Age: 27. -- Signed with Lions
- Jon McGraw, S, Chiefs. Age: 32. -- Re-signed with Chiefs (1 year)
- Nick Sorensen, S, Browns. Age: 33.
- Gibril Wilson, S, Bengals. Age: 29. -- Re-signed with Bengals
- Matt Ware, S, Cardinals. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Cardinals
- Hamza Abdullah, S, Cardinals. Age: 28. -- Re-signed with Cardinals
- Sabby Piscitelli, S, Browns. Age: 28. -- Signed with Chiefs
- Jamie Silva (RFA), S, Colts. Age: 26.
- Al Afalava (ERFA), S, Colts. Age: 24.
- Donnie Nickey, S, Titans. Age: 31.
- Anthony Smith, S, Packers. Age: 27. -- Signed with Titans
- Tom Nelson, S, Bengals. Age: 24.
- Jon Corto (RFA), S, Bills. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Bills
- Matt Giordano, S, Saints. Age: 28. -- Signed with Raiders
- Chris Reis, S, Saints. Age: 27.
- Reshard Langford (ERFA), S, Chiefs. Age: 25.
- Antoine Harris, S, Eagles. Age: 29.
- Lawyer Milloy, SS, Seahawks. Age: 37.
- Pierson Prioleau, S, Saints. Age: 34. -- Re-signed with Saints
- Tyrone Carter, S, Chargers. Age: 35.
Fantasy Football Rankings - June 3
2016 NFL Mock Draft - June 2
2015 NBA Mock Draft - May 20
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
2015 NFL Mock Draft - April 30
NFL Picks - Feb. 1
NFL Free Agents