+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Suspensions

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Ohio State Suspensions

2. This whole stupid 'amateurism' stuff has really gone too far off. Whenever a sportsman is worth money for what he does, he should be paid. End of the story.
    Unfortunately football players are forced to pass through this and it's fault of the NFL, too. Why they can't create a minor leagues system like in baseball or hockey is beyond me.
    Even in basketball if a guy out of HS doesn't want to accept the stupid NCAA rules but he wants to earn his own bread immediately, he can go play in Europe or somewhere else for a year before entering the draft. But in football no, there's no other chance except going through this senseless carnage where guys crack their bodies for small grants while the NCAA bolshevist dictators keep all the big money for themselves.
    Simply disgusting!
    At least they should stop having an award entitled to Jim Thorpe, the first and greatest athlete to fall victim of this amateurism crap.
    “Speed kills. You can’t teach speed, everything else in the game can be taught, but speed is a gift from God.”
    Al Davis

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Amateurism is vital to the NCAA. Without it the NCAA would not be a tax exempt organization and it would not be able to continue to exist. This sucks, but all of the players should be held accountable for their own actions.

4. Does this mean Pryor might go back on his word and declare this year?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Busi Magic View Post
    Does this mean Pryor might go back on his word and declare this year?
    I could see him playing his mind out in the bowl game and bouncing. He better leave with a W if he is going to.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Not good for Arkansas...

7. Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    Amateurism is vital to the NCAA. Without it the NCAA would not be a tax exempt organization and it would not be able to continue to exist. This sucks, but all of the players should be held accountable for their own actions.
    The kind of amateurism that the NCAA has to keep in order to remain a tax exempt organization is the one according to which the universities can't pay their players, except for allowing them grants. But those players accepting money from sponsors, agents and other non-college entities wouldn't undermine the non-profit nature of the NCAA.
    “Speed kills. You can’t teach speed, everything else in the game can be taught, but speed is a gift from God.”
    Al Davis

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I find it really sad that these guys sold their Big 10 rings for what amounts to a kick ass shopping spree. Reform is so needed and overdue for the NCAA, little of what they do makes sense. I hope Mark Cuban expands his target and takes the whole ****ing thing down, its a worthless drain on society.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010

If I were a coach, I'd want nothing to with these guys if they sold out their own awards.
    This is going to hurt their draft stock a lot methinks
    The Future. The Way. The Life. Stafford 2013.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Ohio State's been paying off guys for years. Kinda silly that this is coming around now and not when Maurice Clarett named names.

+ Reply to Thread