+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If my Panthers pick #1

1. If my Panthers pick #1

Would we take Luck? We'll have a new coaching staff and that means a new QB is fair game, despite having Jimmy Clausen. If such a scenario should arise, I'd like to get Luck #1 overall and use our 3rd on a defensive linemen. Good idea or no? The only other options I see are Dareus (who's not worth the #1 overall pick), Green or possibly Bowers. It would be a tough call.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Picking number one would imply Clausen sucked it up, and I can't imagine a new coach would choose an inherited second round quarterback whose shown no sign of promise over the top QB prospect.

New York Giants: Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Brandon Flowers, Trent Cole, Jason Hatcher, Tramon Williams, Jason Worilds, some fat dudes, and no one else that matters.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ckane138 View Post
    Picking number one would imply Clausen sucked it up, and I can't imagine a new coach would choose an inherited second round quarterback whose shown no sign of promise over the top QB prospect.
    Clausen hasn't exactly looked good. Obviously better receivers and a new offensive coaching staff could help with that though, not to mention another year under his belt.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009

The Panthers would most likely take Luck seeing as how a new regime is gonna take over. Although Clausen has sucked because the whole team has sucked, are the Panthers gonna take a WR 1st? Or a D-Line player? They should just take the best wide receiver available.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009

They should just go BPA. The only reason they should take a QB is if they fall in love with one.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Clausen is a rookie. Regardless of what happens, rookie QBs typically suck.

I do think Luck/Newton/Mallett/Locker could be #1 overall if the Panthers are picking there (new Coach and GM coming for almost sure), but I don't think that means conclusions should be made about Clausen.

I guarantee you if the new coach doesn't like Clausen, the Chiefs will be happy to give up a mid to late round pick for him.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Why does everyone want to write off Clausen after five starts as a rookie playing on a team that has two rookies as the top three players on the receiver depth chart, almost no work with the first team in the offseason, 4 starts (only three of which have been with Steve Smith in the line-up), and having to play with the fourth-string running back? It's not like he's playing worse than Mark Sanchez last year, and Sanchez had a lot better supporting cast.

Clausen wasn't Fox's guy. There's no guarantee Hurney is gone, and there's no indication that Clausen was even Hurney's guy. He's the owner's guy. And that means any regime change that occurs will only occur if the incoming coach agrees to give Clausen another year to show he is or is not "the guy." And regardless of whether Clausen is "the guy" or not, Fox was a defensive coach and his offense showed it for years and years, and I can't help but think Richardson is tired of seeing the same plodding offense for another three years or however long the next guy lasts. That means an offensive-minded head coach is next in line, and it means that, regardless of whether Clausen is the future or not, Carolina needs to help out its quarterback of the future (whomever that is), and Steve Smith isn't getting younger. That means the front office is going to draft the best receiver they can with their first-round pick, especially since they don't have a second-rounder. This isn't rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

SanchoPanza is offline Sawft Mod Justice A... Great... Playa... Like... JaMarcus...

I think more so a replacement for Peppers
    CMD V New Zealand Patriots

1.4 - Colin Kaepernick QB (Picked 12th)
    2.29 - Charles Johnson DE
    3.29 - Stephon Gilmore CB
    4.4 - Michael Johnson DE
    5.29 - Cordy Glenn OT
    7.29 - Phil Taylor NT
    7.31 - Golden Taint WR
    8.4 - Glover Quin S
    9.29 - Animal Jr Pro Wrestler
    10.4 - Jared Cook LOOSE
    10.32 - Zac Strief OT
    12.4 - Denarius Moore WR
    12.7 - Ray McDonald DT
    13.5 - Shane Vereen RB
    14.32 - Chris Cook CB
    17.29 - Kendrick Lewis S
    18.4 - Jo-Lonn Dunbar LB
    18.31 - Jeremy Zuttah G/C
    19.29 - Amini Silatolu OG
    20.4 - Brad Jones LB
    21.26 - Vincent Brown WR
    22.4 - Pierre Thomas RB
    22.11 - Scott Wells C
    24.4 - Jimmy Wilson CB
    24.11- William Hayes DE
    26.4 - Brandon Myers TIGHT
    27.29 - Dawan Landry S
    28.4 - Byron Bell OL
    29.26 - Zach Bowman CB
    30.4 - Chris Jones DT
    31.2 - TJ Graham WR
    31.26 - Gerald Hodges LB

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I'm not trying to be a dick, but has Clausen showed anything so far?

Even rookie QBs who suck (Mark Sanchez last year) show flashes of being good. Has Clausen shown anything?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by blue5213 View Post
    Clausen wasn't Fox's guy. There's no guarantee Hurney is gone
    Neither have a contract past this year. So if they are picking #1 overall, neither will be offered one.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

+ Reply to Thread