View Poll Results: Will Mike Williams play for the Redskins?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will not make the team

25 56.82%
  • He will make the team, but not appear in any games

10 22.73%
  • Mike Williams will play in games as a Redskin this season

9 20.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poll: 410 lbs of Redskins lineman Mike Williams

1. Poll: 410 lbs of Redskins lineman Mike Williams

Mike Williams: Does he make the team? And play?

Since you're all a bit concerned with offensive linemen, it made sense for your guy Berman to check in with your other guy Mike Williams as he strives to drop the poundage and stay on with the Redskins.

"The thing I saw when we worked him out, he can change directions with 410 pounds pretty well," Zorn said. "My charge to him is being able to do that 70 times a game, 16 games and some playoff games as well. We have to get him down just so we can get that."
    So does he make the team? Does he play?
    ~

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009

4th overall pick in 2002. Largest bust in Bills' history. He was a lazy piece of crap.

I doubt he amounts to anything.

3. Quote Originally Posted by theblackdahliamurder View Post
    4th overall pick in 2002. Largest bust in Bills' history. He was a lazy piece of crap.

I doubt he amounts to anything.
    If measured by weight, I'd guess he's the largest bust in NFL history, period.

But he doesn't have to perform as a 4th overall pick to be a good pickup for the Skins.

If he only provided decent backup on the offensive line and played in short yardage downs, that would be good value.

I've got to think there's a plethora of pounds to be shed before this is a possibility, though.
    ~

4. His pure size is simply too much to overlook completely. Unless he completely fails during training camp, he'll make the team as a backup.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I'm pretty sure since he is grossly overweight and hasn't played in years he will be a camp casualty.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

6. He fits the bill of a guy that wouldn't make it out of camp. He obviously won't have much of a chance if he doesn't lose major weight. I thought this was a joke about Mike Williams the WR from USC when I first read this thread.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    If measured by weight, I'd guess he's the largest bust in NFL history, period.
    Aaron Gibson would object to that. I know he weighed 400+ while on an active roster at least once.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

410 is far too big for a OT...heck 410 is far too big for any position...
    And now for something completely different

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Way too big.
    This is my signature.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I wouldn't mind having a 410ish DT on the roster for short-yardage situations.

+ Reply to Thread