2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 150
There will be many more 2012 Fantasy Football Rankings and features in the late spring and summer, including tons of 2012 Fantasy Football Mock Drafts, Player Rankings, Sleepers and Busts. I'll also have an extensive 2012 NFL Fantasy Football Preseason Stock Report.
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings - Top 150 (May 10):
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings - Top 150 Update (May 10): Many changes for the 2012 NFL Draft. Check out the stock report section of my 2012 Fantasy Football Rankings for details.
Follow me @walterfootball for updates.
- Ray Rice, RB, Ravens
- LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles
- Arian Foster, RB, Texans
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers
- Chris Johnson, RB, Titans
- Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
- Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions (Prev: 5)
- Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars
- Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
- Drew Brees, QB, Saints (Prev: 7)
3/8: Arian Foster moves down two spots in this update. There's a good chance that Ben Tate will eat into Foster's workload next year. Tate is a very talented runner, arguably more so than Foster, so Gary Kubiak will have trouble keeping him off the field.
I think it's pretty irresponsible to slot quarterbacks Nos. 1 and 2 in any sort of 2012 Fantasy Football Rankings, unless you're in a 2-QB league. I'm not against spending a first-round pick on a quarterback, but a blue-chip fantasy running back is so much more valuable than a blue-chip fantasy quarterback. Besides, the running back position is thinner than ever this year.
I have Tom Brady over Drew Brees. While the former has a new, pass-friendly offensive coordinator (Josh McDaniels) and a new top wideout (Brandon Lloyd), Brees will probably be losing his coach for the year.
- Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots
- Andre Johnson, WR, Texans
- Greg Jennings, WR, Packers
- Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants
- Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions (Prev: 12)
- Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints
- Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers
- Fred Jackson, RB, Bills (Prev: 15)
- Trent Richardson, RB, Browns (Prev: 56)
- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks
Andre Johnson is really undervalued on Matthew Berry's list. Considering that he was a consensus mid-first-round pick last summer, slotting him at No. 19 seems pretty knee-jerky after just one season.
I'm listing Hakeem Nicks over Victor Cruz because of Nicks' touchdown potential, but it's so close that I had trouble deciding between the two. Remember, Mario Manningham won't be back next year.
Trent Richardson is no ordinary rookie; he's the best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson. I have no problem ranking him this high.
3/8: Marshawn Lynch drops because of his new contract. With lots of guaranteed money, Lynch can now go back to what he did best in Buffalo - slacking off. I don't trust him.
I'll be pretty surprised if Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller split carries. Jackson was an MVP candidate in the first two months of the 2011 season, and the Bills are planning to give him extension. You don't give a RBBC guy a lucrative extension.
- Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders (Prev: 34)
- Victor Cruz, WR, Giants
- Cam Newton, QB, Panthers
- Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants
- Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
- Roddy White, WR, Falcons
- A.J. Green, WR, Bengals
- Wes Welker, WR, Patriots
- Brandon Marshall, WR, Bears
- Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
I'd be careful with Cam Newton. There could be a sophomore slump, and it's highly doubtful he'll run as much as he did last year in an attempt to preserve his longevity.
Berry has Julio Jones ranked No. 47. I can't disagree with him more about that. Check out Jones' numbers in his final six games: 31 catches, 525 yards and six touchdowns. That's 1,400 yards and 16 scores over a full season. I don't think Jones will reach those stats in 2012, but there's no denying that he's a monster. He's going to have a huge year.
There's some talk that the Raiders might be thinking about trading Darren McFadden. That, along with his extensive injury history, is the reason I have him in the 20s. It surprised me to see Berry rank him even lower, but I think there's some buy-low potential here.
I'm slightly down on Wes Welker. He turns 31 in May, he had just three touchdowns after Week 6 last season, and Tom Brady will have other receivers to throw to next year.
- Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs
- Matt Forte, RB, Bears
- Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings
- Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys
- Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys
- DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys
- Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs
- Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers
- Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
- Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers
Dez Bryant finished as the No. 15 fantasy receiver last year - and he didn't even know all of the routes. He has ridiculous upside.
Dwayne Bowe is pretty undervalued (No. 51 in Berry's rankings). Despite truly awful quarterbacking for half the season, he caught 81 balls for 1,159 yards and five touchdowns in 2011.
Antonio Brown will be undervalued this summer because he caught only two touchdowns in 2011. I have to believe that was an aberration.
- Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos (Prev: 26)
- Frank Gore, RB, 49ers (Prev: 38)
- Brandon Lloyd, WR, Patriots
- Marques Colston, WR, Saints
- Miles Austin, WR, Cowboys
- Eli Manning, QB, Giants
- Steven Jackson, RB, Rams
- Roy Helu, RB, Redskins
- Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings (Prev: 59)
- Steve Smith, WR, Panthers
Philip Rivers is a great buy-low, bounce-back candidate. He was hurt all last season, so he'll rebound in 2012.
Steven Jackson is over the dreaded 2,150-carry mark in his career. I'm not going near him.
Steve Smith turns 33 in May and could begin declining.
- Malcom Floyd, WR, Chargers
- Jeremy Maclin, WR, Eagles
- DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles
- Antonio Gates, TE, Chargers
- Michael Turner, RB, Falcons
- Vincent Jackson, WR, Buccaneers
- Reggie Bush, RB, Dolphins
- Jahvid Best, RB, Lions
- Kenny Britt, WR, Titans
- Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers
3/8: I had Adrian Peterson too high in my previous update.
Antonio Gates is breaking down. I don't trust him.
Don't draft Michael Turner. He was running on fumes at the end of last season, averaging 3.6 YPC or worse in six of his final seven games. It's likely that he be splitting carries with someone in 2012.
I'm selling high on Reggie Bush. He's so injury-prone, so it would be unreasonable to expect him to stay healthy for most of next season.
Your guess is as good as mine with Jahvid Best. He's expected to be ready for the 2012 season, but he's an injury waiting to happen.
- Chris Wells, RB, Cardinals
- James Starks, RB, Packers (Prev: 68)
- Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys
- Steve Johnson, WR, Bills
- Doug Martin, RB, Buccaneers (Prev: NR)
- Shonn Greene, RB, Jets
- Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers (Prev: 70)
- Darren Sproles, RB, Saints
- Robert Griffin, QB, Redskins
- QB Dog Killer, QB, Eagles
Kenny Britt was one of my top fantasy sleepers last year, and I was happy to own him in almost every league - until he tore his ACL in Week 3. He could be a nice buy-low candidate in the middle rounds.
I don't understand how Vernon Davis isn't on Berry's list. Didn't he see what Davis did during the stretch? Once Davis learned Jim Harbaugh's offense, he became an animal. That will carry into 2012, and Davis will have a monstrous campaign.
Steve Johnson could be undervalued a bit. Ryan Fitzpatrick played the second half of the year with numerous injuries.
Rashard Mendenhall isn't expected to play in 2012. The Pittsburgh coaching staff is already talking up Isaac Redman.
- Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos (Prev: 31)
- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers
- Eric Decker, WR, Broncos (Prev: 93)
- Pierre Garcon, WR, Redskins
- Matt Schaub, QB, Texans
- Denarius Moore, WR, Raiders
- Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots
- Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Raiders (Prev: NR)
- Jay Cutler, QB, Bears (Prev: 90)
- Andrew Luck, QB, Colts (Prev: 85)
I'm surprised that Berry didn't list James Starks in his top 100. Ryan Grant is a free agent, so Starks will probably handle most of the workload in 2012. He is injury-prone though, so that's obviously a concern.
Robert Griffin is going to rush for a bunch of yards as a rookie.
Denarius Moore is really talented. I expect him to really step up in Year 2.
Jonathan Stewart is the best running back in Carolina. I have confidence that Ron Rivera will eventually realize this.
Mark Ingram had a truly awful rookie campaign, but the Saints didn't spend two early picks on him to use him as a backup. He's a great buy-low candidate.
- Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Bengals
- Jermichael Finley, TE, Packers
- Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons
- Mark Ingram, RB, Saints (Prev: 77)
- Ben Tate, RB, Texans
- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers
- Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos
- Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots (Prev: 69)
3/8: Ben Tate moves up for reasons specified earlier.
I'm down on Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers fired Bruce Arians and hired Todd Haley because they want to run the ball more.
- C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills
- Joseph Addai, RB, Patriots (Prev: NR)
- Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints (Prev: NR)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Bills
- Michael Bush, RB, Bears
- Jacob Tamme, TE, Broncos
- Robert Meachem, WR, Chargers
- Sidney Rice, WR, Seahawks
- Ronnie Hillman, RB, Broncos (Prev: NR)
- Peyton Hillis, RB, Chiefs
Tony Gonzalez was done in 2010. He somehow bounced back in 2011, but it's highly unlikely he'll be able to maintain that level of play two years in a row.
Ryan Fitzpatrick was a really good fantasy quarterback until he fractured his ribs in the middle of the season. He's a buy-low candidate.
- Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons
- Brent Celek, TE, Eagles
- Ryan Williams, RB, Cardinals
- Carson Palmer, QB, Raiders
- Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Falcons
- Jake Locker, QB, Titans
- Santana Moss, WR, Redskins
- Donald Brown, RB, Colts
- Titus Young, WR, Lions
- Santonio Holmes, WR, Jets
- Fred Davis, TE, Redskins
- Toby Gerhart, RB, Vikings
- Tim Tebow, QB, Jets
- 49ers Defense
- LeGarrette Blount, RB, Buccaneers (Prev: 80)
- Kevin Smith, RB, Lions
- Alex Green, RB, Packers
- Shane Vereen, RB, Patriots
- Kendall Hunter, RB, 49ers
- Daniel Thomas, RB, Dolphins
- Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers
- Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Lions
- Greg Little, WR, Browns
- Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins
- Eagles Defense
- Packers Defense
- Isaiah Pead, RB, Rams
- David Wilson, RB, Giants
- Coby Fleener, TE, Colts
- Mike Goodson, RB, Raiders
- Vick Ballard, RB, Colts
- Delone Carter, RB, Colts
- Felix Jones, RB, Cowboys
- Michael Floyd, WR, Cardinals
- Justin Blackmon, WR, Jaguars (Prev: 86)
- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Redskins
- Curtis Brinkley, RB, Chargers
- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Bengals
- Mike Williams, WR, Buccaneers
- Bills Defense
- Lions Defense
- Giants Defense
- Bears Defense
- Joe Flacco, QB, Ravens
- Torrey Smith, WR, Ravens
- James Jones, WR, Packers
- Mario Manningham, WR, 49ers
- Nate Washington, WR, Titans
- Danny Amendola, WR, Rams
- Andy Dalton, QB, Bengals
- Martellus Bennett, TE, Giants
- Anquan Boldin, WR, Ravens
- Jabar Gaffney, WR, Patriots
- Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Chiefs
- Steelers Defense
- Austin Collie, WR, Colts
- Kendall Wright, WR, Titans
- Dan Herron, RB, Bengals
More 2012 Fantasy Football Articles:
2012 Fantasy Football: Home
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings:
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Quarterbacks - 9/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Running Backs - 9/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Wide Receivers - 9/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Tight Ends - 9/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Kickers - 6/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Defenses - 6/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Downloadable Spreadsheets - 9/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Auction Values - 7/28 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rookie Rankings (Re-Draft) - 5/6 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Rookie Rankings (Dynasty) - 5/6 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Playoff Rankings - 1/2 (Walt)
Week 17 Fantasy Football Rankings - 12/27 (Walt)
Week 17 Fantasy Football Injury Reports - 12/27 (Walt)
Week 17 Fantasy Football Start Em, Sit Em - 12/27 (Walt)
Week 16 Fantasy Football Start Em, Sit Em - 12/20 (Walt)
WalterFootball.com $1,000 Contest on FanDuel.com - 11/4
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets:
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Traditional Scoring - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: PPR Scoring - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Touchdown Scoring - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: 2-QB Format - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Traditional Scoring PRINTABLE - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: PPR Scoring PRINTABLE - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Touchdown Scoring PRINTABLE - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: 2-QB Format PRINTABLE - 9/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Mock Drafts:
2012 Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft - 8/23 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Mock Draft - 8/16 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum 2-QB PPR Mock Draft - 8/9 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Auction Mock Draft - 8/2 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum PPR Mock Draft - 7/27 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum 2-QB Mock Draft - 7/17 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum Standard 14-Team Mock Draft - 7/12 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum PPR Mock Draft - 7/6 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum Touchdown-Format Mock Draft - 7/4 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum Standard Mock Draft - 7/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum PPR Mock Draft - 6/22 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Forum Mock Draft - 6/14 (Walt)
The Four-Man PPR Fantasy Mock Draft - 5/18 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Articles:
2012 Fantasy Football Stock: Training Camp, OTAs - 9/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Preseason Stock - 8/31 (Walt)
2012 NFL Preseason Recap, Fantasy Football Notes - 8/31 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football: Quarterback Targets - 8/31 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football: 20 Sleepers - 8/28 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football: Round-by-Round Strategy - 8/21 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Busts - 6/5 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Sleepers (Early-Middle Rounds) - 6/5 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football All-Value Team - 5/26 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Quarterbacks - 5/8 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Running Backs - 5/8 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Wide Receivers - 5/8 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Quarterbacks, Tight Ends - 4/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Running Backs - 4/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football Stock Report: Wide Receivers - 4/3 (Walt)
2012 Fantasy Football: First-Round Bust History - 2/17 (Walt)
Running Backs with Most Carries - 2/17 (Walt)
2015 NFL Mock Draft - March 4
2015 NBA Mock Draft - Feb. 24
Fantasy Football Rankings - Feb. 18
2016 NFL Mock Draft - Feb. 5
NFL Picks - Feb. 1
NFL Free Agents
© 1999-2014 Walter Cherepinsky : all rights reserved
2 5 9 df