This offseason has been horrible for the Bears. We could have been a contending team this year, but we screwed up. Now, I'm here to go back in time and make these changes:
First, the Bears resign Jeffery or franchis tag him and give him around 14+ million a year. And to convince Alshon to stay, we will
2. Keep Cutler OR sign Kaepernick OR Get Romo OR keep Hoyer, or probably 2 of the above. Therefore, we have a QB for at least a year before the strong 2018 draft. Or we trade down with the Browns and pick Deshaun Watson. In this scenario, we will have what is easiest: Cutler on a restructured contract, Hoyer on another 1 year deal, and trading down with the Browns so they could select Mitchell Trubisky. Or sign Mike Glennon and keep Hoyer. Another option would be to entice the Bills to give us Tyrod Taylor, which I would love to see instead of Mike Glennon or Mitchell Trubisky And maybe better than Deshaun Watson.
3. Sign Markus Wheaton and those guys to lesser more sensible contracts.
4. Sign Josh Gordon
5. Also sign guys like Austin Pasztor and Senderrick Marks
6. Trade Will Sutton and pick 119/117 for pick 122 and a 6th round pick 198 (Ravens)
7. End up cutting Mitch Unrein maybe, and cut Tracy Porter maybe later
Round 1: In this case we stay put and don't trade down. Select Jamal Adams S LSU
Round 2: Trade down with the Cardinals, gain a 4th rounder 119 and another 6th rounder pick Curtis Samuel/Zay Jones/Juju Smith
Round 3: Trade down with the Saints, get a 2018 3rd round pick and their picks #76 and #196, then select Adam Shaheen or take a defensive lineman like Derek's Rivers or Tarbell Bashem
Round 4: Select Eddie Jackson 111, Tarik Cohen 119, and trade 117 and a 2018 5th rounder for Sheldon Richardson
Round 5: Select Desmond King 147
Round 6: Select Brad Kaaya, Jordan Morgan and Bucky Hodges
Round 7: Pick Malachi Dupre
Round 1: Trade down with Cleveland, get 12, 52, and one of their 6th rounders Then pick my man DESHAUN WTASON QB CLEMSON
Round 2: Trade down with Cards, get picks 45, 119 and 6th rounder, then select Juju Smith Schuster, other 2nd rounder pick Teez Tabor
Round 3: Trade down with the Saints, get a 2018 3rd/4th round pick and their picks #76 and #196, then select Adam Shaheen or take a defensive lineman like Derek's Rivers or Tarell Bashem
Round 4: Trade 117 and 5th rounder 2018 for Sheldon Richardson, Pick Tarik Cohen 119 and Eddie Jackson 111
Round 5: Pick Desmond King 147/ Anthony Walker Jr
Round 6: Pick Jordan Morgan, Elijah Qualls, and Bucky Hodges (if we don't get last 6th rounder, don't get Hodges or get LB or DT depth with Hardy Nickerson, Chunky Clements, Ifaedi Odenigbo, or Carroll Phillips or Austin Carr or Jamari Staples, UDFA)
Round 7: Still pick Malachi Dupre, then same UDFA's
Suddenly this Bears team is a contender, and they could go the distance, especially with the second draft class. The Bears would have a CHANCE at a Super Bowl in 0217-18. Pace screwed the hell up and now we will have a top 5 pick 2018. I wish i could go back in time and fix all these mistakes.
Instead, even if Pace gets 4 solid contributors in this draft class, it will be a failure and he and John Fox and Ted Phillips would all be fired if Mitchell Trubisky can't become a Pro Bowl QB and make a deep postseason run with this team with a great defense and a great running back and a solid interior O-Line, but a bad QB to learn from, a trashy group of wideouts, and an ok group of offensive tackles and tight ends